Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Rae.slick, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I'm interested in moving back to San Diego. I've always loved the spanish and craftsman style houses in Hillcrest, North Park and Mission Hills,

Asked by Rae.slick, San Diego, CA Sat Jul 21, 2012

but cant afford those areas. I remember dropping off a friend south of town, was it chula vista, was it imperial beavh? Over 20 yrs ago, and being surprised that it had a cute little town center and old spanish houses just like north pk, only cheaper. My question...are there lesser known, further out neighborhoods that have this type of 20's, 30's and 40's style homes that are cheaper than the areas I mentioned?

Answers

1
Cindy Davis’ answer
Yes -- There are older areas in College Area that are just lovely, as well as La Mesa. While the homes may not be exact to Hillcrest/North Park, they do have some charm.

Another area you might consider is Talmadge...

Please feel free to call me....I have lived and worked in this town for 20 years and can work with most budgets.

Have a great day.