joesjunk, Home Buyer in Santa Rosa Beach, FL

I'm interested in buying in Santa Rosa Beach (cypress dunes).....

Asked by joesjunk, Santa Rosa Beach, FL Sat May 19, 2012

Looking at google street view, the neighborhood looks to be in a non-building phase though, so its kinda buying when you know your neighborhood might never get finished, thus the home values stay stagnant. Zillow is showing some great zestimates (great time to buy). Can someone give me some info on this development (I am not from here, just looking for a vacation rental, eventual retirement home).

Answers

5
I agree with Myke about her comment about Zillo. it seems to be getting slower with regard to market information. IMHO
Myke is correct. This development doesn't work well as vacation rental because the closest beach access is about two miles away. However, the views across the state park towards the Gulf of Mexico are great and this would make a great place to live year round. If you want to be able to rent your house, close proximity is a must.

I will add that Cypress Dunes has some great looking homes.

I will gladly work to help you find the best home for your needs if you are not already working with someone.

Feel free to subscribe to my monthly market reports for South Walton on my site. I work exclusively in South Walton and Freeport.
Web Reference: http://Murrayon30a.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
Hi Joesjunk,

My office has been involved in this development from the beginning. It is a beautiful community which was started just as the real estate market began to tank in 2006. The homes have beautiful finishes, and the club there is to die for--beautiful endless pool overlooking the dunes, a work out area, club room, etc.

It has been developed by an Atlanta builder, and is really starting to take off again given the upswing in our local real estate market.

It may not work too well for vacation rental property, as there is no direct beach access. It would be a great retirement home--quiet, secuded, and very beautiful.

If you would like to consider this or some other options that would probably be more productive for vacation rentals, please let me know, and I can help you find the right property to fit both needs.

Zillow zestimates tend to be way off base, since it doesn't differentiate between neighborhoods in a given city. It averages prices which can skew the outcome, and can make people think they can get a property at an unrealistic price. If you would like, I would be happy to do a comparative market analysis for you for any community or neighborhood you might be interested in.

I look forward to being able to assist you further.

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC, SFR, ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative)
850-305-6256
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
I work exclusively as a buyer's representative and can assist you with a purchase. Cypress Dunes is one of the very first communities you come to traveling from the west heading east on Scenic Corridor Hwy. 30A. 30A is a 19 mile stretch of scenic highway with biking and hiking trails, coastal dune lakes, unique restaurants and shops, and a height limit of 4 stories or 50' high. This keeps traffic lower and denisty of people a bit lower than our neighboring city of Destin. I can help you save time, money and avoid costly mistakes. One must be careful where the home is located in Cypress Dunes because many of them are in what is called a Cobra Flood Zone and flood insurance will be mandatory and expensive. The pool area in this community is breathtaking with views of the Gulf of Mexico over the State Park. However, the community has no direct access to the beaches. You must leave the community to go to a nearby public beach access. Let me know if you would like to work with a buyer's representative and I will assist you with your needs.

Kelly Klein, Lifeguard Real Estate, Inc.
850-420-2480
Kelly@KellyKleinSoldMine.com
Joe,
Cypress Dunes is a great community. It is surrounded by state forest so your views will be there. The community has a shuttle service to get residents to and from the beach that is seasonal. The really low prices you see are for lots with houses selling for the lowest point they have ever been. The vacation rental income is somewhat limited since you are not closer to the beach but this would be an ideal retirement home. The amenity center with the pool and work out area is simply stunning. As you can tell I like the place. I live near there and bicycle through often.
If you would like me to send you MLS listings for the area, contact me directly and I would be glad to help. I have lived on 30-A for years and know all the great places to go especially places to eat.
Have a great weekend. Mark DeSalvo, Newman Dailey Resort Properties, Mark@DeSalvoPA.com (e-mail) YourDestinRealEstate.com