Home Buying in Napa>Question Details

Fl, Real Estate Pro in Alameda, CA

I'm interested in buying a vacation home/property in Napa, CA that has year-round management to help me rent

Asked by Fl, Alameda, CA Thu Mar 6, 2008

it out most of the time. Is there an online site that I can search for such properties?

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Napa

Answers

9
Thank you everyone for your answers.
Susan. I'd be interested in something up to $300,000. Small but clean is fine. If there is anything in the range, could you contact me at laifran@gmail.com? Thanks.
You have a few options depending on the price range and amenities that you are looking for. Silverado Country Club has a few differnt properties that either are managed by the club or have their own management companies. Also there is Napa Valley Club which is a gated community offering townhomes with tennis courts, pool and clubhouse. There is a management company for the property but home rental management would be handled by an independant company. I have a listing at 65 Valley Club in Napa.
Hi Kellie,
I just listed the perfect vacation home in Spanish Flat. This is a custom built brand new home.It has the best views and is designed to work for a family or for a vacation rental. You can view the home on windermerenapavalley.com. Your agent will have access to it as well. If you don't have an agent and are interested call me Nancye Peatman 707-326-3891
FI,
A income producing investment property is best aquired by using a real estate professional who specializes in commercial and investment real estate. Use a commercial agent who subscribes to Costar, Loopnet, CIE network and other commercial/investment websites. Ask your potential agent if they have paid premium memberships to these and other commercial/investment networks. The vast majority of residential agents (98% according to loopnet) do not have paid premium memberships to these networks. Without these tools you will not have access to the best deals with the best cap rates nor will you have access to "off market" properties that CIE can provide.

Feel free to visit my commercial/investment property blog http://www.interocre.com/blog
Web Reference: http://www.MikeBolen.com
Kellie,
What's BAREIS? Do you have the website?
If I understand your question right, you want to be able to use the property from time-to-time for your vacations and have some income for it the rest of the time. The rental program at Silverado Country Club does just that. You would have access to Silverado amenities and they would take care of the short term rentals. The nicer and higher on the list you are with Silverado, the more likely you will be to have it rented. You would need to reserve the times when you would want to be there. Napa is in the process of reevaluating their short term rentals at this time and are not giving any new permits (Silverado not included) for homes and condos. I can also research this further for you. I am Pam Vanderschoot with Prudential California Realty in Napa. Would you like me to email you what is available at this time? My cell number is 707-738-4720 or email me at pvanderschoot@prucalifornia.com or my web site at PamSellsNapa. com.
I can assist you in buying your Napa Valley Vacation Home. My Office is in St. Helena,CA but help buyers and sellers all over the Napa Valley as well as other counties. As for year-round management there are several property management companies available. They usually charge a non-refundable upfront fee of $500(but goes toward the 1 month charge for a 1 year lease) for advertising your vacation home for rent. They find the tenant and manage rent cheques, collect 1st month and security, do a walk through with the tenant, qualify them using 8 keys elements to check. Also, they charge about 8% of the monthly rent to collect the rents. I would love to assist you in finding your Vacation Home in the beautiful Napa Valley. Let's get started! #707-965-2253
Hi FI, "is there an online site that you can search for such properties?", well of course, but none for them will break it down to the parameters you are asking for. Only a qualified local realtor would be able to get you connected in that way, that fast! I have about 40 working for me in that market. Say the word, and they will work for you too! 209-758-3113 or thecoach@prucalifornia.com Best of luck, I love Napa BTW, so I may be your first Renter! "The Coach"
Web Reference: http://askEB.com
You can search on http://www.camoves.com that is a Coldwell Banker public website that allows you to search in northern and southern California. Let me know if you have any questions or problems getting onto the site. Happy searching.
Web Reference: http://www.loubandb.com