Home Buying in Bethany Beach>Question Details

Rollhigher, Other/Just Looking in Oakton, VA

I'm interested in buying a second home in Bethany. I want it to be rentable for part of the year to make the finances work. What areas to?

Asked by Rollhigher, Oakton, VA Sun Nov 22, 2009

consider? I like the convenience of walking to the beach and town, but understand there's a price for that convenience. Will additional rental income make that work? What about a house on the trolley circuit - is that of value to renters? Thanks for your feedback. I'm considering a number of different beach locations - from Delaware to North Carolina, and I'm looking to take advantage of the drop in housing prices. Looking for a deal, frankly!

Answers

7
Oldfather Group~The Coastal Specialists’ answer
It all depends on your price point. Try the http://revestor.com/home and their app. They are set up to compare disclosed rental income relative to mortgage expense for cash flow. Although all of the properties do not populate on the app this will give you a good sense of the best market for you relative to your budget.

Warm Regards,

Dustin & Mariya
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Just saw this was posted 2009...sorry!!
I have a home in Bethany 1 1/2 blocks to the beach and make great rental income in the summer...I also rent off season...send me your email and I can share pictures of my home...I'm thinkign about selling it. I wuld have a renter for the whole summer of 2015 for you. Rent would be $12,000
annasails@hotmail.com
Anna
The Delaware home market is great for several reasons. 1: It's very conveniently located to most all the major cities on the eastern seaboard. This makes the opportunity to get a consistant flow of rental income very good. 2: Taxes are very reasonable for property owners. 3. I do believe the flood and property insurance is far less than other ocean front communities.

The trolley will be a nice feature for renters in Bethany. There are also several communities that have their own transpotation to and from the beaches.

The closer you get to the waves, the higher the prices become due to the location. But also the higher your rental income can go.

You are right in taking advantage of this market. There are great opportunites to purchase at fantastic prices right now. I also predict that we will see more people coming to our beach areas for the summer than traveling by plane. Money and security will play a big role in this. This will be good for those with rental properties.

Feel free to contact me if you would like more detail on the MD or the DE beach market. I look forward to helping in any way that I can.
Web Reference: http://Rhondafrick.com
Bethany Beach is an excellent location for a second home and rental income will assist in paying for the home. Along route 26 and part of route 1 the trolley picks up vacationers all summer long. Many communities along the trolley circuit are very desirable and affordable. Below is my website and I have a home in Sea Colony, which the community provides a beach shuttle and I can also provide you with many other homes in the area that are very attractive. Please contact me with any questions.

Brendan Garfield Crotty

(302) 541 - 8778

President Southern Sussex Rotary

E-mail: Brendan@BrendanGarfieldCrotty.com

Website: http://www.BrendanGarfieldCrotty.com

ResortQuest Real Estate
(302) 541 - 8778
(302) 539 - 8600
33012 Coastal Highway
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
There is quite a lot of opportunity in Bethany Beach that I would consider a good value based on the historical value of real estate in Bethany Beach. A lot would depend on your budget and the amount of rental income needed to make your finances work. You refer to communities along the trolley route and the trolley does help make these properties more desirable to renters the most popular are Bethany West, Stewards Watch, Villas of Bethany West, Bayberry Woods, Bethany Proper.
Several properties that I would consider good values are ; 4 bedroom,21/2 bath in Bethany Proper listed for 439,000, 3 bedroom, 21/2 bath in Bayberry Woods listed for 325,00, single family on Maplewood listed for 900,000 and a 4 bedroom, 41/2 bath in Cedar Sands listed for 825,000.

Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
302-829-9068
chris@5starbeachhomes.com
I am a realtor in Delaware and can be reached at 302-588-7890.
I am also an investor and also have been looking at the outer banks for an investment property... I have a good realtor down there if you are interested...
If, you call me I can see your standing an help you determine a course of action...
Let me help you take advantage of these "drop in prices".
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 22, 2009