Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Lan, Both Buyer and Seller in Plano, TX

I'm interested in buying a house in Star Creek, Allen, TX 75013. Need objective advice from experts!

Asked by Lan, Plano, TX Wed Oct 7, 2009

Like Darling Home's floor plan, it's a pity that it doesn't come with high ceiling. Location is not bad. The only concern is it's too close to the Outlet. Any problems with that?
Already own a house. Don't know the strategy to buy a new house. Looking for an experience realtor who specialize in that area. Any suggestions and recommendations are welcome!

Answers

4
Hello Lan,

I have sold several homes in Star Creek and I currently have 5 listings in there. I know exactly which model home you are talking about. Darling is one of the top builders in DFW. The proximity to the outlet is a plus really. It's not that close to it, it's almost 1/2 a mile. The one downside I see is that it's close to Stacy Rd. That is a disadvantage when you have to deal with model homes. They are always right at the entry of the community.

Stacy is a pretty busy road and will get busier. However, I think that you still have a good buffer and the house is very strongly built and depending on how good a deal you get, the noise may become un-noticable.

There are many homes on the market that are just a nice, and some for less money too.

Feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy to answer all your questions and also share with you some other homes that are just gorgeous in the community.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 8, 2009
That depends on how much and what types of 'decoration' you are interested in. If you like what model homes typically use to decorate, than if you find one, that may work. Limiting yourself to model homes will reduce your choices in other criteria because you just won't have that many to choose from.

Regarding 0-5 year old homes, that is ok. However, builders typically 'upgrade' their homes based on communities, so actually searching certain communities that match your 'level' of decoration may tailor your search more effectively. Remember that in any given search with criteria of age or community, you will have some well decorated homes, and some not so well. You will just have to set up a search and see what you find.

You mentioned renting out your other property. Do you need to obtain a mortgage for the new house? If so, you may want to contact a lender to review your situation. Many lenders nowadays are requiring a 2-year rent history if they are using the rent payment as income on your loan. If you need a referral I give you several. I can also run a search for you with a given criteria. Let me know if I can help with a referral or a search of homes (or anything else).

Christian
Thanks Christian.
I'm actually considering keeping the current house and renting it out. Haven't really thought that through.
For my own convenience, I want to buy a former model home or a 0-5 years old preowned so that I don't have to spend too much time and money on decoration. Am I thinking in the wrong direction?
Close proximity to an outlet is probably a good thing for some and a bad thing for others. So, in the end it is a wash and probably won't harm you- unless it is so close that it creates a bigger negative element like blocking your view, or it creates a large amount of traffic directly in front of the home.

I assume you need to sell before you buy? If so, there are several things to consider. If you intend to build new construction, that will create more options for you. I would be happy to assist you, but this questions will be easier answered over the phone because there are a few things I need to know.

Fee free to call me at 972-345-8589.

Thank you, Christian Clark- RE/MAX Pinnacle Group