Sonia, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

I'm interested in buying a home this year. Is there a good program for first time buyers in south gate, ca.?

Asked by Sonia, Los Angeles, CA Wed Jun 18, 2008

Answers

5
Pinto Realty’s answer
Be careful with some of these so called "first time buyer" programs--sometimes you end up paying more for the home than what the program provides. Find a Realtor who is going to look out for you and not just for a sale. Remember: what is cheap in the beginning ends up be very expensive in the end.

Good luck in your search and feel free to search for homes on my website: ReoLicensedSpecialist.com

Search my MLS Free : (copy and paste this link):
http://www.searchpoint.net/Search/MapSearch.aspx?org_id=caso…
Hello Sonia. My office is in the city of South Gate, near the corner of Tweedy and Atlantic and I can help you in your search for down payment assistance programs within the city. The maximum is $50,000 and it comes as a silent and has very low interest rates. Sometimes the loan doesn't even have to be repaid if you stay in your property long enough, but like everything else you would have to qualify based on family size and income. I have several properties ranging from 2-4 bedrooms in South Gate. The prices range from $260,000-$331,000. If you are interested, please call me and I can send you what I have. There are some great programs out there and with the right agent you will get a great deal!!

Dyanna.
323.359.7992
Hello Sonia:
There are a few programs out there for 1st time buyers. City programs, Local Real Estate Board like mine also have programs. FHA, CalHFA, and more......and using a program like AmeriaDreams is also a great way to go.

If you would like futher information and it would be a pleasure assisting you. Feel free to contact me.

Debra Enos
MyRealtor@DebraEnos.com

If you would like
Web Reference: http://www.DebraEnos.com
Yes, South Gate offers up to $50,000 to help first time homebuyers but with certain buyer and sale price requirements so feel free to contact me for more details on that program and other types of loans and financing solutions.

Good luck to you.
Sonia:

The City of South Gate does offer a First Time Homebuyer program, however, you must meet their low income requirements and have a minimum of $10,000 towards down payment and closing costs.

Where you will find more assistance is from the county, state and federal programs that are available to you. Without specifics about your situation, it is difficult to fit you to the proper programs. I specialize in helping 1st Time Homebuyers and am a Board Certified Down Payment Assistance Specialist. I would be happy to discuss your options with you. You can contact me through my profile.

Remember, now is a great time for 1st Time Homebuyers. Inventories are high (lots of selection), prices are low (lots of bank owned properties) and mortgage rates are still at 30 year lows. So now is the time to find the right home, negotiate the right price and take advantage of ALL the assistance you can get to become a homeowner, and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty