Home Buying in Garland>Question Details

Natalie Wake…, Renter in 75401

I'm interested in buying a home in the next year or so. Just wanting to know what else needs to be done? PLEASE HELP

Asked by Natalie Wakefield, 75401 Mon Aug 11, 2014

I'm rebuilding my credit as well. That's why I'm wanting to wait a year or so. I'm wanting to know what kind of loans or grants are available as well. I'm a single parent with no help. Any resources/website would be awesome and any relators advice help would be very appreciated.

Answers

7
Natalie,

Let me know if you still need help in getting a home, in credit repair (if your current one is not working out for you), and in home purchasing guidance. You can call me at 469-371-2899.

Take care!

Susie Kay
Realtor & Certified Home Stager
United Real Estate
469-371-2899
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net
Hello Natalie,

It looks like your year plan is half way done. How are things? I am a real estate agent in the area and would love to help you find what you are looking for. Contact me or look on my website for properties that may interest you.

http://homesbyasher.kwrealty.com/

Asher Almas
Keller Williams
469-316-7338
When buying a home, it is helpful to have 20% of the purchase price to be able to put down in cash. If you do that, you don't have to pay PMI, which is insurance that you will pay your mortgage bill each month. If you cannot afford to put down 20%, then you will be paying an extra $40-50 a month on your mortgage payment. The loan officers can tell you exactly.
As a home owner, I try to stay within my means. So I wouldn't want to get into a house payment that takes up an entire bi-weekly check, for instance. You have to pay your other bills too, like utilities, food, clothes, child care, etc., so don't take on a mortgage that you can't handle. Do a budget to see how much you spend on everything currently. I would say, stick to something close to what your rent is now.
Also, factor in closing costs, which can be $3000-5000. That will affect how things turn out. When I bought my first house, I had no idea there would be closing costs and wouldn't have been able to buy the house except for a nice uncle who chipped in at the last minute.
The internet is great for finding houses for sale. Look around. Do searches for addresses and there will be multiple sites that have real estate listings on them. Try to find something that you won't have to fix up any as I know you are busy enough already as a sinlge parent. I bought a fixer upper and it has been a real headache working on it, although we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck on finding a house!

My name is Justin Richardson, and I'm a Executive Loan Officer with Supreme Lending. Our corporate office is in Addison, but I live in Murphy (not too far from you). I've almost got my PH.D in Credit, and have learned over the years how ridiculous they can be sometimes. My best advice is to look up a company called Credit Technologies. In particular, find where they review their 'Credit Analyzer'. I've used Credco and Kroll Data, and this Credit Technologies is cutting edge. I can basically know exactly what your score will be in 7 months if you use it correctly, and do exactly as it says.

----my number is (469) 757-4400, and call me if you would like me to run this for you. (it's free, but not something you have access to).

Justin Richardson
NMLS#9904
I think my Peer below is trying to sell books and not give you the advice you need.

Contract any lender of your choice first. Get all the information, criteria needed to see if and when you can qualify for a FHA or conventional loan. You may qualify now. Then, pick any 1 Realtor to work with only on getting the right home in your budget. Be warned, right now homes are selling the first day of listing with multiple offers, so be prepared to loose many homes. Good luck.
http://www.tcrdallas.com
Actually, the book is free on Amazon prime, and yes I take very seriously my mission to protect the rights of homebuyers from the scum in the industry.
Flag Fri Aug 15, 2014
Talk to a mortgage broker or bank and ask them to help you form a plan so that you will have something to work towards. Then before you know it you may qualify for a home purchase.
Hi! I so appreciate your circumstances and what you're doing! So many do not realize home ownership is attainable. I recently had a client who had to rebuild credit; he listened to what my lender colleague told him to do, followed directions to the letter, and just closed on his house last Friday! It took about 3 months, and we were all shocked at how high he raised his score. Please email me for more info; it's easier than you think with the right direction!

Nancy Chapmon, Realtor
Suzanne Cook & Co
903.241.6109
LongviewHomes4Sale@gmail.com
WOW! That's awesome to hear for him! I will be emailing you in a few!
THANKS!
Flag Tue Aug 12, 2014