Home Buying in Essex Fells>Question Details

bvr73, Home Buyer in Rutherford, NJ

I'm interested in buying a condo in NJ. The problem is that I don't know the right place. I'm from the Bronx NY and single

Asked by bvr73, Rutherford, NJ Sun Apr 22, 2012

professional woman. A coworker told me to take a look at Essex county. So far I haven't seen this part of NJ but it looks very attracted by pictures. Montclair and Bloomfield look very nice! What's your suggestion?

Answers

5
Judith Amorim Dias’ answer
Hello bvr73 :)

I hope you have found a realtor here in the West Essex Community since your last post of 4/22/2012.

I can understand your need of direction comming from the Bronx ;) I actually lived in Washington Heights for 3 Years, near the Inwood section... wow do I miss Arthur Avenue :(

Living in NJ now for 8 years, I am extensivley involved in the community, educational infrastructure, Endowment for Education and other social / recreational activities which can truly help formulate a fair sense of direction to help guide you in your search.

Please visit - http://www.prudentialnewjersey.com/judith.dias

I know of a very private town house end unit in North Caldwell... It's convenient to train, bus, shopping. Please feel free to call me directly if I could help you in your search.

Best wishes & kind regards,

Judith Amorim Dias
973-444-5643
Judith.Dias@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Where will you be working? And, how far are you willing to commute? What are you looking for in a community? How much can you spend? NJ is a pretty big state! and there are many beautiful areas.

I relocated from Bergen County (which is beautiful) because I wanted to live at the beach. In Southern Monmouth County we have beautiful beaches, friendly communities, and housing prices to fit most budgets.

You could consider Red Bank or even Manasquan. Just depends on what your needs are.

To help you with your search, you can go to my website (below) and search the entire Monmouth and Ocean County MLS or if you prefer to search from your phone, just text dianeg to 87778 and upload my free mobile ap.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hi bvr73,

Essex County is a great place to live and has so much to offer. As others have asked, what are your needs? Are you looking for a one bedroom or more? Is one bathroom sufficient or more? What is your price range? Are you looking for the simplicity of one floor living or more of a townhouse layout? Amenities - gym, tennis, pool?

Trying to choose a town, area and/or neighborhood can seem overwhelming when moving to a new area. So...what would make a town - the best town for you? Is the school system important? Even when moving without kids - pay attention to the school systems - it can affect resale value in the future; do you need to commute? If yes, do you prefer bus or rail? What is the crime rate? Do you want to live in a walkable place?

Another important factor is financing. Will you be using FHA financing? If yes, you should know that not every complex is FHA approved. What are the monthly association fees and what do they include?

Feel free to check out my website focusing on Essex County Real Estate and the 22 amazing towns of Essex County, including the Best Places to live in rank order: http://www.GinaChiricoRealEstate.com and check out the Walk Score if any address in Essex County: http://ginachiricorealestate.com/EssexCountyTowns.html#WalkScore

Be sure to read Choosing an Essex County town that's best for you: http://ginachiricorealestate.com/Your_Best_Town.html

.....Whatever your real estate needs are and whatever your price range is, there's a home for you in Essex County that fits your lifestyle and pocketbook.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
973-715-1158 Cell
973-575-6353 ext 17 Office
Gina@GinaChiricoRealEstate.com
As always, Essex County Real Estate at its BEST!
There is no shortage of Townhomes and Condos available on the maket. It all starts with your needs and desires. Are you looking for Communities with pools, tennis Courts and a Club house? What about the commute. From there we can start to suggest the places for you to consider.
Montclair and Bloomfield are great choices but you would need to give us a little more information. Where will you be working and how do you intend to commute? What is your price range? How many bedrooms and baths? Do you need a garage? What about outdoor space?

If you would like some suggestions of towns that would suit a single professional woman from NYC, feel free to call or email me.

Sloan Berman, Sales Associate
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
242 Bellevue Ave.
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
862-368-4963 cell
973-509-3970 office
sloan.berman@cbmoves.com