Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

Teresa, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

I'm interested in building a new home with either Riverside Homes or Centex Homes. Have anyone had any bad experiences with these builders?

Asked by Teresa, Portland, OR Sun Feb 10, 2013

-I'm mostly interested in quality issues.
-I'm looking for new homes in Hillsboro/Beaverton/Portland Oregon area.

Answers

1
Tom Inglesby’s answer
You need a buyer's agent looking out for your best interests first. The problems in the past have been with attached homes that the builders were building and the water issues between buildings but free standing homes usually don't have those issues when we were building 5 years ago. When you see the model home ask what are the upgrades? Most models have $20000-$40,000 in up grades and when you have your house built and ask where is the tile you liked then they say that was an upgrade. Be content with what you see and what you get because every change from light switch to out let will cost you money. You might use there lender or at least compare who they are using but usually you cannot beat the builders lender because they want to sell homes for the builder. Good luck to you. Tom Inglesby, Broker RE/MAX Equity Group