Home Buying in Logan Square>Question Details

J, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

I'm interested in a few different areas and properties in logan square.

Asked by J, Chicago, IL Wed Jan 21, 2009

Which area do you think has the best chances of appreciating: just north east of armitage and california? The west side of humboldt blvd near dickens? or the milwaukee/fullerton/western/armitage triangle area?

Also, which type of property is better for renting and the most likely to appreciate: 2 br 1 ba condo, large loft, small older single family home?

Answers

5
I love any where in the Humboldt Park area, I think that area will sky rocket when the market comes back fully.
I have lived in various parts of Logan Square for the past 7 years and I can tell you that milwaukee & fullerton is blowing up right now. New boutiques and businesses are opening up left and right. I think that's your best bet if there are no other variables.
It sounds like you are looking for an investment property as rental property....
Your price range is an important factor in the decision of what and where, but always when considering a rental property you want to be close to transportation and you want a well taken care of building....
All areas you mentioned are good for renting, association fees vary in every building and parking depending on the age of the building may be an important consideration...as well.

Appreciation in the current market is hard to predict - so whether you are considering this property a short term investment or a longer term investment may also be important.

The best is to give me an app. price range for the property and I e-mail you available properties and we can discuss advantages and disadvantages as we go forward.....

If you have more specific questions feel free to contact me directly
Edith YourRealtor4Life
edithdoesitright@yahoo.com or edithsellshomes@century21.com
covering the city of Chicago and the suburbs
Oops the second part of your answer... This is a very broad question. There are quite a few determining factors. 1. Condition 2. Location and accessibility to transportation and amenities. 3. Functionality. All of these come in to play. Realistically all three are rentable, and all three will appreciate, but you must consider all of the above. when purchasing keep all of this in mind.
Great, I am familiar with Logan Square, I marketed a development in the area. Well as for which is the best area, I really cannot comment on that. What I would recommend is to determine if it is important to you to be close to the el or if you want to be closer to bucktown, etc. Also price point plays a role as well. The areas you are considering are all great. If you would like I can email you specific listings, then take you out looking at these different areas.