Home Buying in Inwood>Question Details

melissa, Other/Just Looking in

I'm in the market for a 1 bedroom and want to know about the market. I'm a 32 year old peitite single indian

Asked by melissa, Tue Jan 15, 2008

female and have lived in the ues for 2.5 years and ready to settle on something. i love the park and am an avid runner. i know it it isn't the ues, but i think i might like inwood, but i see there isn't a lot of inventory up in inwood, manhattan. it looks like this is the best spot for 300K, 1 bedroom but am anxious about the investment. Also, can't tell but it looks like the best bet is to stay west of broadway above 200th? Is that correct. And these Park Terrace East/West apartments, will they appreciate? What about the housing project on Dyckman, is that a concern? is there a good real estate agent, that really knows the area. Seems like my agent is learning about it with me and trying to get me to settle on washington heights, but i'm not feeling it. but am concerned about areas in inwood, that i hope a local would have more info on.

Answers

5
Prices for Real estate in Washington Heights went up 43 % last year, Inwood with 19%.
An apartment on Park Terrace West that my buyer bought last year for $325 K, went up in price to $359 K within 3 months. Needless to say he is very happy with his purchase, both from a financial point of view as a personal one.
The new Yankees Stadium is built next to the old one and it is located in the Bronx on East 169 St, Inwood is on the West side with quite a distance between them and therefore I doubt that the new stadium will have much of an impact.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2008
With all due respect to Ronnie, but a new stadium of the Yankees comingsoon to Inwood?
"Location: Just north of the existing stadium, between East 161st and 164th Streets, and between Jerome and River Avenues."

That's quite far off Ronnie, maybe you need to look into the neighborhood some more. Inwood is on the West Side, Yankees Stadium on the East, Bronx.
Washington Heights real estate prices went up last year with 43%, Inwood is a bit slower with 19 %.
An apartment I helped my client buying on Park Terrace West for $325 K, went up in value to $359 K within 3 months.

.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2008
Hi Melissa,
I am Adina Greenberg, an associate with Aileen (Thank you Aileen) and not only I work a lot in Washington Heights and Inwood, I live there as well and know the neighborhood as my inside pocket.
Why don't you contact me with your questions at my email address adina.greenberg@cbhk.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 15, 2008
I moved to Inwood from Chelsea in my mid thirties....I can tell u some great Brokers who I have used.....I would live nowhere else in the city....I am selling my own 1 BR and if u are interested I can show it to you, but also answer lots of questions about the area, the market trend ( I own another in Hudson Heights) and get you in touch with great brokers.....give me a call 646 824 9550 or contact me at cynnsherman@aol.com
The BEST areas of Northern Manhattan are west of Broadway. It is also your best bet to find EXACTLY what you are looking for in Manhattan. Appreciation in this area is slow, but steady as the city is changing from the market of ten years ago. Manhattan is still seeing increases overall, while not double digits as with a few years back, but Inwood will be big with the new stadium for the Yankees coming soon.

I am always available to help if you are looking for personal service.