Home Buying in Fayetteville>Question Details

Jonathan Ste…, Home Buyer in Chapel Hill, NC

I'm in the early stages of self repairing my credit and been looking at homes. Should I wait til I get prequalified or hire a agent?

Asked by Jonathan Stephens, Chapel Hill, NC Mon May 6, 2013

Answers

4

I agree with the agent who said it might be helpful to go ahead and speak with a Real estate agent right away. The agent can help to walk you through the buying process regardless to how long it might take to repair your credit. Many times, your agent can also suggest lenders who are willing to give you a step-by-step progression to your goal. Take care and good luck.
The First step i would recommend is to talk with a lender or mortgage broker about pre-qualification. It only takes a few minutes, and they should be able to give you a good idea of what you will be able to do. After that, if you are still interested in buying, then absolutely talk to a Realtor. If you have a question, or if you would like my help in recommending an agent near you, then feel free to contact me from my agent page.
You may want to read the info about credit repair I linked below, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
If your primary goal is to buy a house, then by all means, speak with an agent first. Prequalification is a significant step in accomplishing your goal, but your agent will be able to guide you through this and the entire process of home buying and selling. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!