Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Gaby_murphy, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I'm having a rally hard time finding a good place to buy in NYC because I have 2 girls and 3 dogs, any advice?

Asked by Gaby_murphy, New York, NY Sun May 12, 2013

Answers

19
If you are not currently working with an agent consider the idea; if you've exhausted your options in the areas of interest, consider expanding your search into other areas....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 12, 2013
Hi Gaby,

I would suggest working with a buyers broker. There is little inventory available in NYC as it is. Add three dogs and you definitely need a broker to work on your behalf.

Feel free to contact me if you would like my assistance.

Ross Ellis
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Member of Real Estate Board of New York
212.317.7828 direct 646.472.7875 confidential fax
770 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor New York, NY 10065
rellis@halstead.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 12, 2013
Get a real estate agent. I say this because it is the seller paying their commission, they can better negotiate the price, show you buildings that allow such, and prevent any wasting of your time. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. Good-luck..917.215.5300 btmoore1972@gmail.com
One of the most important considerations for your move may be the schools your daughters will be attending. There is a useful website that you can research schools, both public & private -schooldigger here is the link:
http://www.schooldigger.com/go/NY/search.aspx
Good luck with your move to the most exciting city in the world and if you need further assistance I will be happy to help you find your new dog/child friendly home.
Michelle
__________________
Michelle Weissman
Senior Associate Salesperson
The Corcoran Group
d: 212.360.2462
f: 212.415.6369
m: 917.293.3427
Michelle.Weissman@corcoran.com
1226 Madison Avenue, New York NY, 10128
Member of The Real Estate Board of New York
I would be happy to assistl you in your search. Please contact me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Thanks for all your answers, I think I have a lot of info to go thru and discuss with my family, looks like we still have to make some adjustments to our plans.
Thanks again for your time, when we have something more concrete be sure that I'll be again contacting you.
Most people cannot afford their dream location. At approximately 600K purchase there are other great options outside of NYC, including Long Island, which offers a short commute to Manhattan.
Hey Gabi,

To schedule a viewing or any information you can call me at 646-236-6710, or send me your number.

Matt
Hello Gaby. I would make a suggestion. Since Manhattan prices will preclude you purchasing anything large enough for the size of your family (unless you're way uptown), I would invite you to consider Queens County. Your price range would do you well and you'll get more bang for your buck by way of the houses out here. Yes, I said a house.

I know Queens and I would be glad to assist you in finding a house that fits your family and Dogs and will have excellent proxinity to Manhattan via the Subway. Manhattan is great but as you're coming from the great state of Texas, I'm sure you'll appreciate some room to move in a neighborhood with fantastic walkability and services.

Feel free to contact me and I would be glad to discuss some very nice options. Good luck.

Joseph C. Hastings
NYS licensed Broker Associate
joseph.hastings@elliman.com
Cell: 1-917-579-1502
Hi Gaby. Darius here again. You sure are asking allot for 600k. I could put you in a Frigidaire cardboard box near the Trump tower or we shoot down to Greenwich Village for huge one bedroom with den/second bedroom, eat in kitchen and two full baths. It's got flavor, shopping, and killer night life for youg girls. It actually is pretty nice:) We could stay under 600k and go up to River Side Dr. for an irresistible gut-renovated 2bed, 2bath residence that offers breathtaking views of Riverside Park, the Hudson River, and some of the south city skyline. It's quiet with tree lined streets and still close to shopping with transportation. Very pretty. Now if you could swing another fourty thousand on top of the 600k... I could put you in a sunny Hudson Heights pre-war charmer with 4 full bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, a Large Living Room and a separate and spacious Dining Area which fits a table for 8, so that you can entertain like they do in the suburbs. Each young lady in the family would get their own bedroom and mommy gets a new home office/puppy room. I'm trying to sell you a home here Gaby... I hope you're excited cause I'm about to take one of these my self. So which is it... excitement, pretty, or size.

Darius Chelaru
A.C. Lawrence
729 7th Avenue
New York N.Y. 10019
TIMES SQUARE
212-361-9243 ←call me
I have a large inventory of properties in the tri state area that are child and pet friendly
PS I live in Yonkers, and have one of those large homes overlooking the Hudson , and serve the River Towns for Douglas Elliman,you can buy a great place and stay within your budget
Move to a beautiful home in Yonkers Hillside overlooking Hudson River, or Hastings-on-Hudson only 26min/30 train ride to Grand Central on Metro North, you will be amazed at the homes and property, great schools to choose from , theatre, shopping, outdoor markets, etc. and plenty of space for your pups.
Hey Gaby u need to work with a buyers agent who can give u the time of day and show u around and show u places that will actully meet ur needs feel free to call me if u wanna discuss anything with me u dont have to use me as ur agent but at least You will have some suitable advice.

Ferhana Naeem
Coldwell banker reliable
Cell: 7185171213
Office: 7189213100
We have a 14 year old Yorkie, a 13 year old Scottish and a 12 year old Labrador, as you can see they are more than pets. We are looking to live in Manhattan, but we don't know the neighborhoods, we need at least 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We are moving from The Woodlands, Tx and we are very comfortable in our single family property, we understand in NYC, the new home would be quite small and more expensive, I think we can go up to 600k. Thanks in advance.
Hi Gaby,
You should speak with a mortgage broker and get yourself pre-approved for your mortgage. The NYC market real estate market is very competitive. When you find a home you like, chances are there will be other buyers who like it too. In order to compete you will need your pre-approval, or possibly waive the financing contingency. I can provide you with mortgage brokers and bankers who can help you.
Once you do that, then we can discuss your wants, needs and must haves regarding your home. I will be more than happy to guide you through the home-buying process and make it as smooth and seamless as possible.

Marilyn Mayers
Lic. Associate Broker
Halstead Property LLC
212.381.3211
mmayers@halstead.com
Flag Sun May 12, 2013
Hi Gaby,
Most NYC brokers have access to the same listings. You should identify what it is you're looking for in a neighborhood and also consider exploring other NYC boroughs. I'd be more than happy to consult with you on your needs. I can be reached at 646-465-2568 or you can email at arogers@gadrealty.com

Alicia Rogers
Lic. R.E. Salesperson
Gad Realty LLC
Flag Sun May 12, 2013
My kids go to PS 11, I can help you by here.
917 671 8544
Hi Gabby. You need a broker. Our thousands of listing actually state whether or not they accept pets or girls in that particular building. Worst case scenerio... you get rid of the girls :)
Give me a call Gaby. I have an office in Times Square and Union Square. I'll have you turning down apartments by the end of the day. Feel free to call me anytime... 212-361-9243

Darius Chelaru
A.C. Lawrence
729 7th Ave. 4th fl.
New York N.Y. 10019
212-361-9243
dchelaru@aclawrence.com
Hi Gaby:

If you would like to discuss your search in more detail, please feel free to call me at (917) 609-4701. I am happy to assist you with your search.

Barbara Fears
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Bond New York
646.723.3034 Office
917.609.4701 Cell
Hi Gaby, can you please give me some more information regarding what you are looking for (area, price range, size of the dogs). Ill be happy to help you with your search.

Raanan Laufer - senior Vice President
Alpha properties NYC
Raanan@alphanyc.com
646.239.4168