Home Buying in Gloversville>Question Details

Scorpio55, Home Buyer in Gloversville, NY

I'm going through a divorce and am looking for a house reasonably priced $85 or so, would like a ranch style if possible, areas of

Asked by Scorpio55, Gloversville, NY Sat Oct 9, 2010

fulton/montgomery ny counties--g'ville, j'town, mayfiel, fonda, fultonville, a'dam, fort hunter, etc. Perfer country type setting as I have 2 dogs. A land contract would be perfect, I'm finding that manufactured homes are hard to finance.

Sheila Dorn’s answer
Hello, my name is Sheila Dorn with Thomas J. Real Estate Inc.. Have you found a home of your liking yet? I can certainly help you find a home of your dreams and help you get pre-approved for your home. I work with alot of different lenders who offer a variety of financing options. Please contact me for more details. http://www.thomasjrealestate.com
Hi Scorpio,

My name is Sheila Dorn, I'm a Licensed Real Estate Saleperson with Thomas J. Real Estate. I currently have a single family home for sale and it is located at 270 Steele Ave Ext. Gloversville. The property is just shy of a 1/2 acre and it does have 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. I would love to show you this home! We are also having an open house this Saturday Decemeber 18th, from 12:00 to 2:00 pm. If you have any questions please give me a call. Regards,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 17, 2010
Hi, I'm a broker here in Fulton County (ADK Realty) You are correct, and hoping Your Buyers Agent should be able to help you find financing. Yes manufactured are harder to finance and after 20 years old many banks won't even consider, something for resale down the road you should be aware of. Don't give up! there are new properties coming on the market every day, stay on your budget, keep saving, the right house is out there!
Hi Anna,

Yes, I am working with an agent and have been for about a month. She is telling me to steer away from the manufactured homes due to they are to hard to get financed. As far as the land contract, I have mentioned it a few times but she tells me they are hard to come by. So...........
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Have you tried any of the larger banks for your financing needs--and are you working with an agent--if so what is he/she suggesting.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your response. Yes, $85,000. I have actually tried to get financing for 3 different manuafactured homes and it seems the apprasier always finds "an issue" such as oil tank out side, (where is it suppose to be) also, on an alaskan slab, no basement etc. i will keep trying, Thank You!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Are you meaning $85,000? Manufactured homes are harder to finance, but are by no means impossible to finance. Many of the large banks will finance them, they just have certian requirements that have to be met in order to protect their interest in the home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010