Home Buying in South City>Question Details

Ninalive, Home Buyer in Michigan

I'm from Sweden and just bought a house in Michigan. I payed cash and got pension from Sweden each month. I went in on a I-94..How can I stay?

Asked by Ninalive, Michigan Wed Apr 7, 2010


Help the community by answering this question:


Check out the sites below. That is the INS. The bottom part soudns like it would give the information what you are looking for.


Extend My Stay

If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. Check the date in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, to determine the date your authorized stay expires. We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires.

You may apply to extend your stay if:

You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa
Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid
You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
You have not violated the conditions of your admission
Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay
You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:

Visa Waiver Program
Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K nonimmigrant visa)
Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)
For information on how to apply, see the “How Do I: Guides for Nonimigrants” link to the right.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 7, 2010

Please contact US Customs and Border Protection they will be better able to answer any questions you may have.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 7, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer