Home Buying in Hazlet>Question Details

Michmyers73, Home Buyer in Hazlet, NJ

I'm from Staten Island, Westerleigh area. My husband and I moved to Hazlet 5 years ago. However, the long commuter for us to downtown

Asked by Michmyers73, Hazlet, NJ Wed Feb 3, 2010

Manhattan is too much for our young family (averaging 1 1/2 hours each way). I am looking for a small town that is walkable for corner shops, etc., (think Stars Hollow, Gilmore Girls), but close enough to the City (about 45 minute commute) but not too expensive. Good Schools a Must!

Thanks for any and all help. :)

Michelle

Answers

3
Hi Michelle,

Debbie hit the nail on the head!

Other then myself, : ) I could not suggest a better set of hands for you to get in contact with to help you with your home search! I am sure Debbie will give you access to what you are looking for!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 4, 2010
Hi Michmyers

Are you considering a move up to northern NJ?

Maplewood (or S Orange) might be good options. Maplewood Village is charming, and offers shops, restaurants and a friendly small town vibe - even a small movie theater......people actually smile and say hello! S. Orange village also offers shops, , restaurants and a park.........The other good news is.....there is the midtown direct train to Penn station...a 40 min ride. with stops in both village centers.

Feel free to reach out to me, and I'd be happy to share more information and send you some listings........knowing your price range will help me come up with other suggestions, too.

Best wishes............
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com

Best wishes............
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 3, 2010
Sounds like you probably have to sell your home in Hazlet. Get a free home valuation from 3 realtors in the Hazlet area and find out what your home there will sell for and get it on the market. Selling takes a while, then you can shop to buy another home. I would simply suggest you get an idea of the price and how much house you will get in an area closer to Manhattan before listing your home to sell. You can search Trulia for prices of homes that sold in the areas in which you are interested before doing anything. By the way, I am from Westerleigh also.