Home Buying in Bartlett>Question Details

Rick2029, Renter in Elgin, IL

I'm disabled and had to file Bk 3 years ago. I can secure a mortgage approval but the townhouse my wife and I want to purchase (ranch style-no

Asked by Rick2029, Elgin, IL Mon Oct 8, 2012

stairs) FHA is not approved by the Vanguard Association. This just isn't fair for a disabled man.

Help the community by answering this question:



There are other options available for you. Please call me and we can discuss them.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Maria Ascencio
RE/MAX Platinum
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2012
There are many conventional programs available with 5% down just for this situation. If you talk with a reputable lender, I am sure you will be able to find someone to help you. Whether you are disabled or not you did file BK which significantly changed your credit situation. That has a harsh penaty for 10 years & is always a consideration until new credit is established.

Good luck to you!

Lyn Sims
RE/MAX Suburban
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2012
Hello Rick. There are other ways to finance I home other than FHA. Sometimes the home itself is tied to a certain type of financing. You might try to find a HomePath home which overlook some of the FHA qualifications. My number is 847 - 757 - 6267. You won't be able to buy the home you found, but there will be another homes for which you can be qualified
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer