Home Buying in Racine>Question Details

Jennifer Jim…, Home Buyer in Racine, WI

I'm currently a renter in Racine County and am now interested in buying the home. How can I find out what my landlord paid for it?

Asked by Jennifer Jimenez, Racine, WI Thu Sep 10, 2009

Answers

3
Jennifer,
If you want to know what a fair price is for the home contact a Realtor* in the Racine area.The owner may have paid to much for it when they bought the property, the market may show the value in the area has dropped or increased, if they bought it 10 years ago the value should have increased even in the current market, the owner may have done upgrades or repairs to improve the condition etc..... So going by what they paid may not be a fair value of the home. I am a Realtor* and have been servicing Racine buyers and sellers since 1998 so feel free to contact me for more info.

If all you want to know is the last purchase price you can go on http://www.racineco.com select "t" then "Tax inquiry" then type in the address where prompted.
A professional Realtor can tell you what the last purchase price of the home is. In addition, and more informative to potential buyers, a Realtor can give you an analysis of the current Market Value of the home(which may be less than what the current owner paid!). You will also be provided with the last tax assessment and what comparable homes, in the area, have sold and are currently listed for...this is the ammunition you need to make a deal! I am a local Realtor in Racine so free to contact me with any other questions you have.
Dear Jennifer,

First, it doesn't matter. What does matter to you is what the house is worth on the market today and, more importantly, what it is worth to you (or more appropriately, what you can afford to pay).

Having said that, however, the information is recorded with the Racine County Register of Deeds and can best be accessed by ordering a Title Report from a title agency. This will also, and most importantly, tell you definitively who the owner is so as to ensure that the person to whom you make an offer is actually able to deliver clear title to you.

Best of Luck.

Thomas P. Leisle Jr.
Web Reference: http://cic1895.com/