Arthur, Home Buyer in 20002

I'm curious- when I looked around the Trinidad area and see some homes for sale but they are not shown up on any of house for sale marketplace.

Asked by Arthur, 20002 Tue Mar 23, 2010

Why's

Answers

3
Most listing services only show current active listings. That means that homes that have already had an offer accepted will likely not be seen by the general public. Sometimes homes receive their for sale sign before the property is officially for sale. This is often a tactic used by agents who are hoping the sign generates phone calls directly to their office. If you have a Realtor you are working with, you can give the addresses to them and they will be able to track down the status of that home. Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 23, 2010
Probably because they are FSBO (For sale by owner). I have had many clients frustrated as they will be looking online and then when we go out they will see for sale signs that we never saw online. Or there will be short sales or the property is already Active Contingent, or even sold. Sites like Trulia.com and Zillow.com are great for free sites but if interested in looking at what is available, and being able to FILTER the inventory, there is no better way than to work with a local agent or Realtor. Best of luck.
Spirit
Arthur,
As a local dc agent, I think problem maybe the website that you are receiving your data from. Try home database.com powered by MRIS.
You will for sure get the most current and latest data. Trulia, Zillow and most real estate websites usually take
48 hours to show the new listings on their website and update the related data.

--
Zaza Pasori | PenFed Realty
11864 Sunrise Valley Drive,Reston,VA 20191
T. 202-412-5221 F. 703-716-0017 O.703-716-2900
http://www.penfedrealty.com

Equal Housing Opportunity
I work in the Trinidad area a lot and we are starting to notice most Sellers trying to first sell the homes on their own before they use an agent and it is listed on the MLS. Also like the agent above said, you may want to use a better search engine as well. Some are more accurate than others.

Cheers
Wemmy Adeboyejo
Century 21
301-237-5703
Flag Sat Dec 7, 2013