Home Buying in Pacifica>Question Details

David Young, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

I'm considering purchasing a house in the Fairmont area in Pacifica. Anyone familiar with that area? Is the noise level high?

Asked by David Young, Sacramento, CA Tue Feb 14, 2012

How do I know whether the property is along the flight path?

Answers

5
Hi David, It depends exactly where you are in Fairmont. There is an airport noise area where you can hear the planes more than other parts. There is one of the many reasons why you should use a local agent to purchase property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 14, 2012
Hi, I live here for 5 years at beachview. The noise level is pretty tolerable for me. Btw, I'm not a realtor. My house can see the ocean and it's located in Fairmont area. If you are interested, contact me coz I would like to sell my house. Brokers or realtors please do not reply.
Hello David,
Frankly, almost all areas in Pacifica, Daly City, parts of S San Francisco are affected by the airplane noise. However, you get used to it in a while. I myself live in the area and now don't pay any attention to plane's noise. It becomes part of life, so to speak. If you're not working with a Realtor yet, please contact me directly for any other details.
Hi David, besides the airplane noise, you may have freeway noise from Highway 1 or Skyline Blvd.

Best.

Tap
As Sue mentioned, dpending on the weather pattern, Airplanes from SFO cross the hill just North of there.
Also if the home is close to Highway 1 you might hear some cars from there. On the upside you might be able to enjoy some of the most spectacular sunsets in the area.
I suggest, you to grab a sandwich and enjoy the sunset from a little park on Beachview Ave and listen for the planes at the same time. Different people have different sensitivities....