Home Buying in Lithia>Question Details

Andrew, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

I'm considering building a home in the Fish Hawk Ranch community. Builder is offering VA 0% down, all closing costs paid. 4500 toward

Asked by Andrew, Tampa, FL Mon Mar 12, 2012

customization. I'm considering building a home in the Fish Hawk community. The builder is offering VA 0% down, all closing costs paid through their lender, and 4500 toward the details. Couple questions.

1. What are the "gotcha's" that I should look out for when dealing with a builder/lender team in this way?
2. Would I be crazy to ask them to pay down the bond on the CDD only leaving me responsible for the HOA and ops/maint fees?

Any other things I should try and ask for?

This is all on a ~215K home.

Thanks for the help,
-Andrew

Answers

3
I live in Fishhawk and love it! Great schools, award winning master development, one of the top communities as far as amenities and more. Absolutely, get a home inspector, look at your contract really careful and ask them to explain it to you. Choose your options carefully making sure your choices are what is in but still remaining classic in your choices as this may affect resale later on. I hope you worked with an experience agent, it actually free to buyer to use an agent even on new construction and they can help you tremendously with their expertise.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the community (813) 679-5307
Hi Andrew,

Good idea to request the CDD Bond portion to be paid off (or partially paid down)!

Make sure to hire an experienced Home Inspector to do a multi-stage inspection to keep a watchful eye. I've seen serious structural errors made by a builder or their sub-contrators.

FishHawk Ranch is quite distant so just make sure you're comfortable living that far away from the best beaches and other cultural activities that Tampa has to offer.

If you want to see what other "resale" properties are going for you're welcome to sign up for a free Listingbook on my website: http://www.SoldOnTampa.com (if you're working with a Realtor he/she can also give you a Listingbook account, just ask her/him).

Alma
Alma Rose Kee PA
Future Home Realty
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
I should mention prepaids are being covered as well.