Home Buying in Hampton>Question Details

Maggie.menzi…, Home Buyer in

I'm ashamed to ask this question and admit I'm a snob, but what are "the" older established neighborhoods in the Hampton, Newport News area?

Asked by Maggie.menzies, Wed Sep 18, 2013

Answers

5
There are several well established communities in Hampton and Newport News...you might check out the following in Hampton--Elizabeth Lake, Howe Farms, Farmington, Colonial Acres...in Newport News--Hilton Village and Country Club area, Kiln Creek, Denbigh Plantation...both NN and Hampton also have waterfront homes/communities...

What appeals to you about established neighhborhoods :) Character of houses, trees, ammenties, etc?

Michelle L. W. Robertson
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Traditions
4071 Ironbond Road, Williamsburg VA 23188
757-229-9595 (office) / 757-715-7242 (iPhone) / 757-345-5128 (FAX)
michrob@aol.com
Licensed to Practice Real Estate in the Commonwealth of Virginia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
HI Maggie, there are so many to choose from , if you have a contact email or if you would like to give me a call I can help you with that search,
Robin Gaita WEW
870-5474
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
Maggie, it depends on what you are looking for and what price range. An established neighborhood can to be one that has been around for while and kept it's value - a neighborhood where home ownership is high and owners tend to try to keep the home in good repair. Many refer to an area being established and mean that the homes have been occupied by the same people/families for a long time. There are some neighborhoods that rarely have a home come on the market because people tend to buy and stay. I work and own property in both NN and Hampton and would be happy to help you find a location that is right for you. Feel free to contact me.
One of the "older established" neighborhoods in Hampton is the Wythe neighborhood. In Newport News I would say Huntington Heights neighborhood.
Depending on your definition of OLDER I would say the the majority of both Hampton and Newport News could qualify as older. Some from the high end waterfront areas to the less affluent smaller areas. It is all in how you perceive the areas.

If you want to contact me so we can talk about what you are looking for then I can send you information on homes that will meet or exceed your preferences by type of community, size of the home and the asking price.

Click on my profile and either send me a email or call me and I will answer your questions.

Have a great day.

John R Beavers
Heartland Realty LLC