Home Buying in Hawthorne>Question Details

Steven Muller, Both Buyer and Seller in Los Angeles, CA

I'm an investor in Santa Monica....very interested in Hawthorne...would love some expert thoughts.. I like to focus on a high ROI and usually

Asked by Steven Muller, Los Angeles, CA Sat Sep 4, 2010

multi unit properties... Thoughts welcome...i currently don't have an exclusive broker....thank you.

Answers

5
Hi Steven,

For my two-cents, the best investment opportunities in town are in central Los Angeles from Downtown through parts of Koreatown and Mid-Wilshire to the Baldwin Hills... and Long Beach. You can usually find a few multi-unit properties in these areas that operate in the black (especially in Long Beach,) and the metro/beach, long-term appreciation factor is first rate.

On the other hand, South Bay never seems to completely deliver on it's promise as a beachy alternative suitable for investment.

You also may consider Sameer's comment. I'm an agent in Nevada as well and the opportunities in Las Vegas right now are unbelievable, more than enough to help a lot of folks over come their apprehension of investing out of state. I understand that Austin and Tampa also fall into this category along with a lot of other towns. Unfortunately these severely undervalued properties' recoveries will be hindered by the low prices which make them so desirable in the first place.

If your pockets are a little deeper, think again about L.A. proper... or go a little farther south to Long Beach, breathe the ocean air and take a look around. You won't be disappointed. Best of Luck.
Sameer, thats a great ROI. Investors in the Central Valley are getting about 10% ROI. In my opinion when dealing with Real Estate investments the minimum you should get is 10% ROI. There's way too many good deals along the state to get anything less.

Daniel Del Real, CRS
PMZ Real Estate
Web Reference: http://www.ddelreal.pmz.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010
Steven,

Not sure if you want to stick with Southern California, but I can get you some deals up north in Solano County that can get you in the 16-18% ROIs. I just sold a $50K condo and it was currently rented for $1,200 a month, less the HOA fees, it was in the 19.3% CAP range. I also can get you some SFR deals we can rent out via section 8.

Let me know if i can help you. Just click on my profile for my contact info.

Sameer
Web Reference: http://www.mygpsagent.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010
Hello Steven,
If you are looking for flips the highest ROI is getting REOs and short sales and getting them as soon as they hit the market.

Send me you info and I can put you on my hotsheet to find you a good flip.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
mcarrabba@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010
Hi Steven. There are currently 12 opportunities in Hawthorne to purchase a triplex or four-plex. The lowest priced is a triplex, listed at $335,000, completely occupied and bringing in $3090 in rents per month. I don't how much you plan to put down or if you are intending to buy all-cash. Perhaps you are even looking for more than 4 units. I am available tomorrow or Monday if you wish to have a no-obligation phone conversation with me. I'm happy to provide with any information that will help you make sound financial decisions with your potential purchase. Happy holiday weekend-Deborah London, 310-808-3739
Web Reference: http://DeborahLondon.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010