Home Buying in Vallejo>Question Details

Nancy, Home Buyer in Vallejo, CA

I'm an investor considering buying rental property in Vallejo. How is the rental market and what do you consider the best neighborhoods to buy?

Asked by Nancy, Vallejo, CA Thu Feb 16, 2012

Thanks!

Answers

9
Nancy

Hello, my name is Sameer Punjani, Broker / Owner, mygpsAgent.com. I moved to Solano County in 1987 and can help you answer all your questions regarding investment property in the region. Rental rates have been rising in the area, and investors are scooping up homes for cash. There are still foreclosures hitting the market, so buyers are sometimes picky when choosing, but properties which are maintained well usually go fast. In Vallejo, you can probably pick up a 3 bedroom / 2 bath in the $125-$150K range.

We can't comment on areas, but you can check out websites like http://www.crimereports.com and check with local police departments.

You can search for thousands of homes on my website for free at http://www.mygpsagent.com No obligation. Just take your time and let me know when you are ready and I can answer any questions.

I also have a live chat page at my site as well.

Sameer Punjani
Broker / Owner
mygpsAgent.com
DRE # 01311106
Web Reference: http://www.mygpsagent.com
I've purchased three single family homes in Vallejo over the last 9 months. I have all 3 rented out and making about $700-$900 on each one after taxes, insurance, debt service, etc.

Bottom line I am amazed how cheap the houses are relative to the rents. As an example I bought a 3 bed, 1 bath home in April for $165,000. The mortgage payment with taxes + insurance included is $900 a month. I am renting it out for $1750.

The downside to all of this is of course I am not the only one that knows . . . I've bid on several homes only to be outbid by cash buyers or even one case where I was the highest offer but the seller .

The magic of all of this is that the rents in Vallejo are still pretty high relative to most other parts of the country since it's still "bay area" - http://www.rentometer.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2012
The market is very selective as is the neighborhoods. Rents are declining and competition is fierce. That has been my experiences.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 20, 2012
I have worked with investors before and found them the right homes. The Banks are about to release many more foreclosures soon. I live in Vallejo so I can show you homes in the right neighborhoods. Contact me and we can arrange some showings.
Rental rates are rising in the Vallejo Area, and investors are buying homes aggressively .Foreclosures are hitting the market rapidly and properties with curb appeal are selling fast . Contact me anytime and we can discuss more & target what areas will give you the greatest return on your investment .
I think vallejo is a good market for rental

But you can buy in american canyon or even Suisun city
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
I have a good business opportunity in my new developing country LAO PDR
Net Profit: 15% - 40%
If you are interesting please contact me:

Email: yoo.cars@hotmail.com
Mobile: + 856 20 99944400

Yoo,
I highly recommend contacting 3-4 property managers in Vallejo and chatting with them about the rental market in Vallejo. Google "property managers in Vallejo". Tell them what you are looking to buy and ask them how fast to rent up and what types of tenants to expect. They rent out property everyday so they are the best source of info. Also, check comparable rents on Craigslist.
I am a realtor in the Solano area. Please call me to discuss. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Olga Cisneros
Re/Max Gold
707.685.4764