Question Details

Mirna Atef, Both Buyer and Seller in Encino, Los Angeles,...

I'm an agent who recently listed my house, and became the listing agent on my property,next day my broker decided to add himself as the listing

Asked by Mirna Atef, Encino, Los Angeles, CA Fri Feb 22, 2013

agent and put me as a co-listing agent without my consent can he do that and how was he able to do that without logging onto my MLS account???

Answers

1
I would need to know some more information about the circumstances but the broker owner (responsible member) of your office is responsible for all the agents under him/her, and the listing is "owned" by the brokerage, not the salesperson who "has the listing"...so, it's possible he/she has a reason for doing this to prevent any agency representation issues with you selling your own home that might be specific to your area.

I personally did the same thing with my home here in Massachusetts. The best advice would be to have a simple conversation with him/her to ask why. They may have a logical explanation, and they likely have access to make MLS changes for all the listings represented by their agency.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
Ron thank you for responding so quickly, really appreciate it. I just was offended with the way he made a decision without talking to me about it, now it wouldn't be a problem for him to change it back would it??
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013