Home Buying in Fort Riley>Question Details

Byron Faler, Other/Just Looking in Washington, DC

I'm an Army Surgeon relocating to Ft Riley in June. Where should we live?

Asked by Byron Faler, Washington, DC Sun Mar 23, 2008

We will definitely be there 2 years, maybe 3. In this market, we really lean towards renting. What areas should we consider. Definitely want a 2000 sf home. Will we be able to find anything nice close to base?

I am kind of late answering this, but it pretty much depends on what you like to do. My advise would be look in the country. Milford Lake is a wonderful area. There are a lot of homes, reasonably priced. Access to Ft Riley is close and easy. Please do not discount the area, it has a lot to offer. I used to live there and worked at Ft Riley. I really miss it
You should evaluate your needs, wants and desires, perform your due diligence, make a fact filled decision. Visit the area, schools, recreation, talk to the medical community, listen to those that actually reside in the area. I live in Junction City and naturally consider it the primary choice. You can definately find reasonable priced housing close to Ft. Riley.