Home Buying in Shasta Lake>Question Details

Steve.friedr…, Home Buyer in Redding, CA

I'm about to buy my first house here soon and going about it kinda hard any advise to get what i want for a reasonable price?

Asked by Steve.friedrich, Redding, CA Tue Aug 23, 2011

I'm getting out of the military soon and want to continue to provide the best for my wife and sons. i just want to find a nice house at a reasonable price that way i can still give my wife what she deserves but also something i can one day fix up to make it better.

Answers

10
Steve, First I would like to salute you and thank you for your service to our beautiful America. One you've fought hard to protect and defend. Your sense of loyalty and devotion to your family moves me as a Father of Five beautiful children and Grandfather to 12 absolutely marvelous extensions. I'm truly blessed as are you.

Now, let's get down to biz. I don't know where you want to settle. You're profile photo says Redding but the link says Shasta lake. I hope for your sake its' Lake Shasta. This is truly Gods country and if I were just getting started raising a family I'd be walking right on your heels. Absolutely lovely area and a place you and your family could easily spend generations in.

I wish I was in your area and that I could proudly represent you as my client. But unfortunately I'm at the opposite end of the State. But your appeal captured me from the heart. You are a very sincere person and I would love to help you in anyway I can at no charge.

First, find a local RE professional in the exact neighborhood you're interested in. Don't listen to a lot of hoopla about getting qualified. You're not only a VET............You're a CalVet. There's all kinds of done deals waiting for you.

Find the home that gives you, your bride and your children "Warm Fuzzies" within your affordability level. Then start the negotiating process. That's when you contact me. Just give me the particulars and I'll do an online evaluation for you for free. I would be proud to coach you through the entire buying process.

I'll guarantee you after you go through this process you will never have to depend totally on an agent other than to help you do all the busy work and submit the offer or counter offer. I'd be very proud and happy to help you out in anyway I can. Good Luck.
all of you had some great advise and i thank you for it i appreciate the support from actual agents and brokers i know you all are the best to answer these type of questions. Deborah to answer one of your questions im going to attend shasta college to get my paramedic certification and im also going to attend an academy to become one of california's forest fire fighters i love to serve my country its just time for me to focus on my family and the military takes me away from that. you all had great answers though and me and my wife greatly appreciate it alot
Hi, It's best if you contact a local agent in the area you desire. This way they can educate you on the area and what your money will buy. They can also stay in touch with you so by the time you get out you will already have a handle on what you want ans what's available.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Dear Steve,
Thanks for the question. You only need to connect with an agent to get the assistance you need to purchase your home. Since you have been in the military, you will have access to VA loans which will make it much easier for you to purchase. My advice is that you interview a couple of Realtors in your area to work with. If you need a referral I can send one to you, just email me via my website below.
Hi Steve,
We can help you. We're local Realtors (husband/wife team) and have a list of really good deals for you in Shasta Lake City.

Also, we're preferred agents with the Movers Advantage program where you get cash back (provided through USAA) and it's only available to our military families. We'd love to tell you more about it.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Chris and Maria (530)510-8880.
Web Reference: http://shastaliving.com
My fellow Vet,
Having sold RE for 21 years the very best advise I can give you is hire a top agent in the area to help you do this. Go on line and pick several RE offices and look at their agent rosters and agent resumes.
The profile of a top agent is this...
1) a minimum 5 years as a full time agent...10 years is better.
2) They are in the top 20% of the agents in the office they are in. It is good to use the best agent in an office. The broker will tell you who the top agents by # of transactions are.
3) Look for an agent with a CRS designation, It takes a lot of advanced training and commitment to career to get it.
4) Interview 3-4 of them. Pick one that listens to you a lot and doesn't talk much. A good agent will be committed to your education of the market so when it's time to make a decision its a good one. The agent should also go over the tactics they use when buying a short sale or an REO, or probate. They will be different. You need to know them so you know what to expect and you need to know the agent has some LOL. If they don't talk about tactics and disclosures they are required to go over before you see a home, then go to the next agent. The fact is it doesn't cost you a dime for representation. There are four grades of agents 1) new 2) good 3) Better 4) Best. The quality of representation is noticeable so get the best you can! Good luck...
Steve,
You'll need to meet with a good local lender. They can show you your options, discuss available programs and help you work with your budget.
Generally I don't advise buyers to purchase at their upper limit, however first time buyers may be the one exception. With tax credits, assuming they continue and depending on your upward income potential it might be worth discussing.
Whatever you do, get set with a good job, a budget and some savings before you get in too deep. As others have said, thanks for your service. You are appreciated.
The key is a good realtor is! Good luck!
Hi Steve,
Thanks for your service to our country. Find a friendly, local realtor to help you. There will be no out of pocket charge for their service. The realtor will be paid from the transaction.
Web Reference: http://ocnorth.com
Steve, First, thank you for your Service! Second, your desires are admirable. Third, it's a little difficult to give you some usable advice because too many questions precede the answers. What are you doing after the service? Have a job lined up? Income? Debt? Number of dependents? Wanting to use your VA entitlements? Savings? Comfort level for a monthly payment (this may be very different that a lender will qualify you for).

Congrats on choosing to settle in the Redding area...It is so beautiful around there. Love Shasta Lake area. I understand that you may not want to lay all of your cards on the table on trulia; however, it would be very difficult to answer your questions without specific information. If you would like, please give me a call. No pressure...just the best advice I can offer specific to your situation.