Eggerlilly, Home Buyer in Myrtle Beach, SC

I'm a 54 yr old female thinking of relocating to Myrtle Beach when I retire at 55 or so...

Asked by Eggerlilly, Myrtle Beach, SC Fri Sep 7, 2012

Im looking for an active place on/near the beach with tennis/golf and places for cocktails and socializing nearby in a safe environment.

Answers

9
Making a sound purchase is no easy task and you must be prepared especially in a fast paced market such as it is here. I would take the time to consult with an experienced agent here in the area, preferably myself, and get all your options layed out for you in detail. Once you are prepared to make a sound decision you will be ready to pull the trigger on that one specific property that is that good investment.
I'm a 57 yr old female and located here by myself in February and I've already made a lot of friends here. There are a lot of retirees here who are still in their 50's and other single women who've moved here alone. I live in Murrells Inlet and it's very, very nice here as is Surfside Beach and Garden City Beach. It's close enough to Myrtle Beach to be there in a few minutes drive but a quieter section of the beach with many retirees who live here full-time and not in the middle of the tourist madness.
Congratulations on moving to Myrtle Beach... a top retirement destination with fabulous beaches, friendly people, and a tax friendly state( I can send you more details on State taxes, income taxes, exemption for retirement; and real and person tax info along with estate taxes). This is one of the reasons many folks choose to live in SC. Having grown up in historic Conway and knowing all areas of the Grand Strand and rural areas, there are many choices depending upon what priorities you have in finding a "home." Kim and I were former English teachers, so I know schools are most important to many people relocating; also important is the privacy and location to the beach and shopping. These are key factors but finding an area to suit your needs should be simple knowing the various characteristics of the area from Little River to Murrells Inlet which both have distinct differences. There are many tennis/golf communities or even clubs near different complexes and subdivisions depending upon the hoa dues you want to pay and the proximity to the beach. If you need help, Kim and I have over 25 years of combined experience and knowledge of the areas and features of each. If you need us, we can be reached at 843-997-6664 or 843-340-0562. Best of luck!
You may want to check out Retire to Myrtle Beach http://www.homeguidemyrtlebeach.com/South-Carolina/Retire-to…

It is packed with info on local communities, what to expect, taxes, advantages tons of information.

From being home of one of the "Top 10 U.S. Boardwalks" by National Geographic to being host to one of the "Top 10 Public Gardens in America" according to Coastal Living Magazine, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is truly a paradise for anyone looking to retire to Myrtle Beach.

The city was founded in 1957 and features 60 miles of pristine beaches, makes the top 10 list of 2011 restaurants per capita by Pinpoint Demographics, and is home to hundreds of golf fairways designed by Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Robert Trent Jones and Greg Norman. In fact, PGA.com named Myrtle Beach among the "Top 9 Family Golf Resorts."

Myrtle Beach offers hundreds of things to do from hiking and biking to water sports and amusement parks. The cost of living is slightly lower than the state average, and the city has its own international airport and hospital. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate named Myrtle Beach one of "America's Most Fun, Affordable Cities." Myrtle Beach retirement homes vary in size and location. Home buyers have the option of fully furnished condos, cozy beach cottages and homes with larger lots.

Jerry Pinkas
Jerry Pinkas Real Estate Experts
854 Jason Blvd - Unit G
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
843-839-9870
http://www.homeguidemyrtlebeach.com/South-Carolina/Retire-to…
There are several gated or semi private communities in the MB area. I have lived here now for 10 yrs and no regrets! email or call me and I will be happy to share as much information as possible. Have a great day. George Quinn
The Myrtle Beach Area is the mecca of retirees. I have videos and blogs about each of the retirement communities in the Myrtle Beach Area. Some are located in Conway, but they are only a block or two from the Myrtle Beach border--a short 15 minute drive to the beach. They are located near local hospitals, medical facilities, shopping and golf. Check them out at my website: http://www.HomeSearchMyrtleBeach.com. I live in a retirement community and I love it.

Retirees don't all move to 55+ communities. You will find many 55+ residents in other communities, as well.

Low property taxes (which decrease when you turn 65), great weather, great restaurants and lots to do, make the Grand Strand the perfect retirement location.
thanks
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
THANK YOU!
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
The greater Myrtle Beach, SC area is a most ideal area for retirement. Your coastal lifestyle can be as fun and active or relaxing as you want it to be. The only appointments you have to keep here are sunsets and tee times! Plus, you'll benefit from superior medical facilities and tax breaks.

Properties widely vary in price, depending on the community and proximity to the beach. Other factors include whether you decide to purchase a home or condo, and what size and features you prefer. Please email me a description of the perfect home and price range for you, so I can start sending you listings to consider. You can also begin your property search at http://lisabelcher.com. I look forward to becoming your real estate and relocation expert!
Hi Mrs. Eggerlily;

I would be glad to help with your search for a great home in Myrtle Beach. Feel free to use my web site rogerweiskopff.movetomyrtlebeach.net
Search the entire MLS system in the Myrtle Beach area. Contact me anytime for great service.

Roger Weiskopff
843-957-7029
RE/MAX Southern Shores
Condo or house? Are you wanting a 55+ community?