Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Thalia_sanch…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

I'm a 20 year old college student attending texas state in san Marcos have a decent paying job. I make about $1200 a month and don't have

Asked by Thalia_sanchez92, San Antonio, TX Sun Feb 24, 2013

many bills but my credit card and electric bill Im staying at an apartment and I pay 420 a month but I don't know If I should sign again or look else where. My boyfriend all will be moving in as well and my dog she's a German shepherd so it's really hard to find an apartment. So I'm debating if I should rent a home, invest In a small home or stay at an apartment. I really need some expert advice I've been measuring my pros and cons and I can't figure this out. Oh and I have like a 610 credit score.

Answers

9
Christine Aldrete Banks’ answer
You should definitely be a home owner soon! Interest rates are at an all time low and you can take advantage of programs designed to close you for a minimal investment if any. You can own your own home for bout the same as you pay monthly for rent . A skilled Realtor can help you with that. I have 23 years experience. Contact me and I'll give you all the details. Have a great day!
Thalia,

First. Do you think you can handle your payments. Depends on what you are looking for.
I think you will have to build up your credit score to 620 to be considered for a mortgage. Buying a house is a great way to build assets. Paying a landlord only makes him better off.... not you.
Ok... go here: http://www.DHIMortgage.com/Kasey-Hampton - Get a loan pre-approval done. It's quick, easy, and free. Once you know how much you qualify for and how much you will need out of pocket, and/or any programs you might qualify for... I can send you some homes to check out.

That's the best way to get started.

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
web: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Hopefully, you received the information you need from the great agents on this site.

If you need help with your home loan, please contact me. I have 14 years experience in helping families finance their next home. I am familiar with all loan programs and property scenarios, FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Homepath, Short Sales, Bank Owned Foreclosures, etc. I’ll make sure you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision. Customer service and on time closing is top priority. Hope to hear from you soon.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
-It looks like your credit is good and you should invest in buying a home instead of wasting your money on an apartment. I can refer you to a lender to see if you can get pre-approved in buying a house. If that doesn't work, I woud still be honored to help you find a rent house. Just let me know how I can be of service!!
Happy to chat with you about the advantages of buying or renting. I would preferr to do this in a more private forum, so call me or email me directly.

Sue
Well... this is a good problem to have if you think about it. You have choices verses being forced into a situation.

It is always better to own for many reasons, first you are building Your wealth and not your landlords. Second you get a tax deduction on the interest you pay. You also have control of your home and what can be done on it for the most part.

You can have your dog and additional pets as well without additional deposits. The best thing to do is to start with a smaller home and then in the future work yourself up into a bigger home as needed.

I HIGHLY suggest you talk to a lender and see exactly where you stand financially and the price range you can afford. Then you will have the information to make a sound decision.

i will happily connect you to all the right people to help you make this happen. Just contact me anytime.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
Hi Thalia,

Your first step would be to get pre-approved. I can help you with that. I can help you by assessing your situation. I can review you and your boyfriend's buying power and see if investing in a small home is an option. There are many advantages to owning vs. renting. Let's see what we can do for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com