Home Buying in Detroit>Question Details

Ben, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

I'm a 20-something interested in buying a fixer-upper in Detroit. I don't know the first thing about home buying or taxes at all. Where do?

Asked by Ben, Detroit, MI Fri Jul 20, 2012

I start?

Answers

4
It's always the same steps:

#1 speak with a lender - ask to be pre-qualified to see if you can get a loan and for how much. It's free and you don't get a credit check yet.

#2 speak with a Realtor and pick one you like and can work with, they will guide you from there and based on what you found out in step #1.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 20, 2012
I agree with Tim but would reverse the steps, choose your Realtor then have them introduce you to the local lender they trust the most. Lending is going to get more difficult in a couple of weeks so building a strong team is going to be more important than ever before.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
dO YOU LIVE IN dETROIT? i CAN HELP YOU CALL ME!!!!!! OR EMAIL ME AT CIRCLEOFRIENDS91@GMAIL.COM
The Answer Tim stated is correct, but in addition, what is the purpose for your seach? are you looking for an home to live in or are you looking for an investment property?

Next question, Do you have Cash saved up to buy the home or do you think you may need a loan to purchase the home?

If you have anymore questions you can email me at Dwilson3395@gmail.com

Daniel Wilson Realtor

Keller Williams Northville MC

Office Phone (248) 380 8800

Cell Phone (313) 574 2354

Fax (248) 380 8200

Email Dwilson3395@gmail.com