Michael Matt…, Home Buyer in Sunny Isles Beach, FL

I'm a single guy who is looking to purchase property in Fort Lauderdale.

Asked by Michael Mattern, Sunny Isles Beach, FL Wed Mar 18, 2009

I really like all the new buildings near Las Olas, but their HOA is through the roof (>$700) for a 2/2. Therefore, I decided to start looking for a townhouse with little to no HOA.

I'm looking for a 3/2 tri-level townhouse in a decent area. It doesn't have to be prime location like Victoria Park or by the beach, but I don't want to live in a really run down area either. Does anyone have any gated townhouse communities in mind? Also, my price point is ~300k. Also should be FHA approved. Thanks!

Answers

10
Hi Michael,

I see your question dates to 2009. Did you buy a townhome or are you still looking? Please contact me if you would like a Realtor to aid in your search! I was thinking of up in Oakland Park, which is being changed into a very nice area. There are some nice, fairly new, gated townhouse communities there.

Pennie Arneson
954-439-2913
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 16, 2012
Michael,

If you find a property that you like and it is not FHA approved it may qualify for a Spot Approval. A spot approval allows you to get an FHA loan if the property falls under the traditional FHA guidelines.

please let me knowif you would klike a Pre-Approval letter to take with you while home shopping.

Ryan Brandenburger
bayburg.com
954-394-9005

p.s I can do FHA financing down to a 560 credit score!
Hi, Michael. Were you ever able to find something?
Hi Michael,

I own a mortgage company on SE 6th St. across from the New River. DO NOT look at condos in fort lauderdale! There is still some deflation left and you dont want to get caught up with an upside down mortgage in a year.

Victoria Park has a ton of foreclosures in the community. Are you working with a realtor? Give me a call and I can hook you up with a realtor that will give you back 1% for closing and I can do your mortgage if you like.

Since I am the owner of mymortgage company....I can guarantee the lowest cost for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ryan Brandenburger
954-394-9005
Michael:
I have a listing in Lauderdale By the Sea you might be interested in, It is a 3 bed/ 2.5 bath across from the beach. Also, there are many other Townhomes in the Lauderdale By the Sea area that are in the 300's. I have recently shown a list of them that I would be happy to send you if you are interested.

Pleaae feel free to email or call me
Judy
EWM Realty Las Olas office
You need to find a Weichert Realtor. We can connect you to one. Call 301-610-6444. Colleen Smith, Weichert Realtors
Michael,

As Angela said, townhome communities that are governed by a Homeowner's Association (as opposed to a Condo Association) are eligible for FHA financing, so no need to worry about any of these I'm sending you.

Please use the link provided to view the listings that I've found for you in and around the Fort Lauderdale area. I actually live in a new townhome off of Bayview in Coral Ridge Country Club, and work in Boca so I'm very familiar with both areas.

Take a look through these when you have a chance and let me know what you think. Keep in mind that prices are negotiable, so don't eliminate any properties that you are interested in just because of the price. Even if a property is listed well, there still may be a good amount of room in the price.

Please contact me with the townhomes you are interested in checking out and we can set up an appointment. I have experience working with FHA financing, so if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help!

I look forward to your response,

Brian Pearl, P.A.
Real Estate Consultant │ Realtor®
(c) 561.245.1541
brian@brianpearlrealestate.com
http://www.brianpearlrealestate.com
Keller Williams Realty Services
Hi Michael,

Las Olas by the River's HOA is in the 400's. there are as Angela said some smaller older buildings with lower hoa's that may interest you.
here is a link to Las Olas by The River 's 2 lowest priced units
http://sef.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1911907225&…

Again there are some nice town homes out here that have the tri levels and some with out door roof tops and or balconies and terraces.

Villa Medici is not fha approved and there is no way to get an fha approval at the moment the homeowners that are in delinquency here tops 60 of the 120 units.
There are also some other nice town homes in Wilton Manors on old florida trail and surrounding blocks.

Also in downtown Ft. Lauderdale there is Foundry Lofts, Cityview townhomes, The Mills Lofts that have lower HOA's
At new Harbor lofts there is one unit that may work for you low hoa only $315/qtr

Rest assured that there are some wonderful choices for you out here and at great prices.
I would be happy to help you with the selection of your new home here in Fort Lauderdale.

As a Floridian for over 30 years I pride myself in knowing the local areas of the city.
Let me know if i can help
.

Best of luck and i hope to here from you soon.

Jose Castillo
Coral Shores Realty
954-240-3940
Web Reference: http://www.josesellsfl.com
Hi Michael: There's a super collection of properties out there for you to choose from. As you are going FHA, you only need to worry about approved communities for condo associations - townhomes with a regular HOA are automatically eligible, so that's good news.

There are some pretty high condo fees out there - usually for the newer buildings - don't disregard some of the older condo buildings - a lot of them have been redone and have super facilities and they often include a lot of items that you would otherwise have to pay for separately (hot water, gas, internet, cabletv, insurance, etc.).

There are some really nice townhomes out there - have you looked at Sailboat Bend or Villa Medici? There are also some smaller townhomes among the single families in the area. I'm fairly confident that we may also be able to find you something in The Preserve at Victoria Park or New Harbor Lofts.

I would be very happy to send you a selection of properties to match your criteria and to work with you to find the perfect home. Let me know if I can help.

Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc.
Tel: 954-816-7996
Web Reference: http://www.villagrealty.com
Hi Michael,

Victoria Park or right outside VicPark is going to be your best bet. Most of the townhomes are newly built or just a few years old, so they will probably cost more money. But there are deals that always come up and I've seen them.

Here is a link to several of the townhomes in VP that are currently for sale, close to your price range:

http://rmlsfl.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=186561409&am…

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to make an offer on any of these homes.

GOOD LUCK,

Scott Miller, Realtor®
Estate Specialist
Commercial RE
Business Broker
Realty Associates
561-716-4060 direct
561-451-9377 fax