Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Breezy21, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

I'm a single female moving to Miami. I want a safe place but easy to expirence the night life with public transportation... suggestions? Thank

Asked by Breezy21, Miami, FL Thu Jun 2, 2011

You!

Answers

12
If what you want is safety, night life, and public transportation access I recommend Brickell.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 2, 2011
Wooooowww this really helped me a lot!! Thats crazy im moving to miami as well from minnesota! But i want to know where would be a good place to live thats safe affordable($750) and close to my job MIA airport? I will not be driving my car to miami so i will need to live somewhere thats near a frequent bus route. Please help im stressing out!!!
Hi Breezy21,
Thanks for the extra info, Key Biscayne for you if you want the beach and sand. You have a car so it's easy, besides taking a taxi from Key Biscayne to any where in the city is not very expensive. I'll bet you can get your $900.00 a month rental over there.

Best wishes,

Bob Bailey
Hello dear, Miami is a big city and fortune with different great location to live, Brickell and down town area are the business and financial centers, South Beach you will find lots of night clubs, bars, hotels, restaurants is were the "buzz", and is the area of tourists and second homes for people all over the World. Aventura is a very nice location, North Miami area and still one of the areas with great number of foreclosures. If you like to walk to places, Coconut Grove may be an good option for you, its a great location and on the weekends we see many college students getting together in the side walk bars and restaurants, specially in Coco Walk. Are you looking into rent or buy? I live in Miami for many years and I know well the city. It all depends where you going to be working or attending school.
I suggest the area of Brickell, it has excellent night life and you would be close to Miami Beach and with excellent public trasportation, you can take the bus to Miami Beach, Downtown Miami is within walking distance and is very safe.
Thank you for all the input! I will have a car but I really am not confident in city driving coming from Minnesota. I'm hoping to find a one bedroom under $900. I've looked into Miami Beach but you don't get much for your money. Not so much dancing clubs more so just lounges or trendy bars more chilled I guess. I would love to be close to the beach!
Hi, Breezy21,
I would suggest Sunny Isles Beach or Aventura ,it's beautiful here, lots of places to keep you busy and entertained , ocean is minutes away and what's most important is Safety! You can jogg or walk at 4 am and feel safe! As to being close to nightlife of the southbeach scale it's never safe, anywhere where crazy parties all nights long to say the least.but believe me it's better to live in a safe place and take a cab to a party scene.
I will gladly help you in Sunny Isles or Aventura area if you choose to. Do your homework before you make a move! All the best,
Tatiana V Kolomiets 305.987.7470
Brickell, Downtown or Miami Beach (South Beach) and Coral Gables: you should look at the new buildings in Ponce de Leon and Miracle Mile! Good House Hunting!
Giselle
http://www.teambellehomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.keyes.com
Well, you should know that if you don't have a car in Miami, you're in trouble. We are very decentralized, being so flat and all, and over the years our local governments sort of forgot to have the developers fund any infrastructure improvements. So we're all surface roads that can't handle the capacity. The only public transportation we have is a train that goes nowhere, and lots of buses. You could live in an area where there's nightlife, like South Beach, Brickell, or the Gables, but you'd still need a car to do anything (grocery shop, post office, beach, etc.). If you do plan to have a car, you need to figure out what kind of nightlife you're looking for. Club-type nightlife is pretty much South Beach, and in that case, it's better to live there and commute to the mainland. If you're looking for more pedestrian type of nightlife, then Brickell is nice, and for upscale, it's the Gables.
Web Reference: http://www.myriamsHomes.com
Hi Breezy21,
Where are you moving from? I would suggest downtown Miami Brickell Key, but depends on your wallet and what you are looking to spend in rent or purchasing. I wish you the best.

Best of luck,

Bob Bailey
South Beach would be the place for you. Plenty of night life, restaurants and theaters as well as beaches. Transportation is easy, there are even free shuttles. What do you intend? to rent or to buy? At your service to find you a place!
Yolande
305 705 9105
Visit my website: http://www.yolandecitro.com
Web Reference: http://www.yolandecitro.com
Brickell area would be the best choice for you. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Cabs are very accessible in this area. Public transportation is also available through metro-rail and people mover.