Home Buying in Pensacola>Question Details

mjay, Home Buyer in Pensacola Beach, FL

I'm a first time homebuyer. What 5 questions should I ask my realtor before I settle on one for my search?

Asked by mjay, Pensacola Beach, FL Tue Feb 19, 2013

I'm looking to buy. Rent is about equal to mortgage/HOI/Taxes at this point. Which five questions are essential for a new homwbuyer to ask a realtor before I settle on the one who will find me my new home.

Answers

5
There have been some excellent answers given here! I'm not sure you are limited to just 5 essential questions -- just be sure that the agent you select fully answers any and all questions that you DO have, and that you understand those answers! Many times agents can fall into "realtorese" language that can be confusing to those who do not frequently buy and sell houses -- so don't be afraid to ask them specifically what they mean, or to give you an example, to be sure you understand what they are trying to communicate. As Karen stated, someone who teaches will help you understand the process, give you things to consider as you make your decisions, and provide you with many options along the way. They will also be able to help you find a quality lender, insurance professionals, inspectors, contractors and anyone else you may need on your team to make your dream of homeownership a reality.

A home is the most expensive purchase that most people ever make. When selecting a Real Estate Professional to represent your best interests in the transaction, be sure you hire a professional Realtor whom you can relate to, who provides prompt and thorough answers to your questions, and helps you understand the full costs of homeownership.

Best Wishes to you in your quest for homeownership! I would be glad to interview for the job as your Buyer Agent. Please call at 850-686-9919 or email at your convenience. :)

Barbara Murphy
Broker, Tartan Properties
There are no five essential questions, mjay. What you should do is ask the questions for which the answers matter to you.

The vast majority of problems in real estate transactions have to do with communication problems, so after you've narrowed the candidates down to those who have satisfactory answers to your questions, select one that you feel comfortable talking with - one who you feel understands you, and one that you feel you understand.

I would be happy to give you a free consultation whenever you ready feel free to call me at 561-502-8844. Thanks
Someone who teaches before they sell. Someone who knows the area that you are interested in. Someone who connects with you. Someone who GETS you and can send you listings that are really close to your taste. Someone who does some work before they run you all over. Not really questions but observations. Best of luck!
Start out by calling on a few listings, simply ask questions about the listing. If you see that the agent is listening to you and not just sell, sell, selling that listing, instead trying to pinpoint what your needs and wants are, that is an agency relationship to pursue.