Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Malita215, Home Buyer in

I'm a first time home buyer that is looking for a good real estate agent that will 100% represent me. Any suggestions??

Asked by Malita215, Fri Mar 15, 2013

Also posted in Brookhaven's Q&A section.

I currently live at home in the West Philadelphia area. I've been looking at homes mainly outside of Philadelphia. If I had to rank the areas of interest it would be:

1) Brookhaven, PA
2) Collingdale, PA
3) Drexel Hill, PA
4) Lansdowne, PA
5) Northeast Phila, PA
6) Norristown, PA
7) Yeadon, PA

I know that I have to really narrow this list down, but to how many?

I’m really looking for an agent that can assist me not only with purchasing my first home, but to ensure that I will not be in over my head as this would also be my first time out on my own.

Answers

14
Hi Malita,

If/since Fred Glick doesn't do dual agency I would STRONGLY recommend him. This is very important, take some time to find out why. http://www.NAEBA.org
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 20, 2013
Malita,
Congratulations on beginning the search for your first home! This is a very exciting time, although I am sure you have many questions! I would be happy to speak with you to explain how I support First Time Buyers, as well as the solid team I work with who will assist you, along with myself, every single step of the process.

If you have not already committed to another Realtor, please feel free to contact me so we can arrange a time to speak.
I look forward to hearing from you!

Jennifer
jennphilarealtor@gmail.com
We are a brokerage that never does what is called dual agency. That means, we only represent you.

Not only am I the broker/owner of the real estate company, I am the Managing broker of a mortgage company too.

I have people that work for me all over the area and we will take great care of you.

Please give me a call so we can discuss your details and see what we cna do to help.

Fred Glick
215-238-9400
fred@fredglick.com
fredglick.com
Please come to out 1st time Home Buyer's seminar on March 26, at 7pm. There are also grant programs available in some of the Delaware County communities that you have listed. This will be dicussed as well.
Please go to http://www.leslierussellsahome.com for information and registration. We will have speakers with valuable information about credit scores and getting pre-qualified for a mortgage.
Food will be served.
We look forward to you being there at our easy, convenient location at City Avenue.

Leslie Russell ABR
Realty Mark the Diamond group
215-694-9169
http://www.leslierussellsahome.com
Hello Malita,
We are s full service Realtor office. I could take you from the beginning to the end of the process. Starting with mortgage pre-qualification, finding the property you like and ending with the good title company that would put your transaction together.
Please feel free to contact with any questions you may have.
Dmytro V Bova
Realty Mark The Diamond Group
610-348-8389
I guess I'm number 5 since I'm in the Northeast Philadelphia area. Now here is the best advise you may get from a Real Estate agent. First of all not all Real Estate Agents are REALTORS since you must be a member of the National Assocation of Realtors to identify your self as a REALTOR. Second no Agent has the knowledge of all these areas. When you and only you decide where you want to own a house then pick a agent from that area after interviewing at lease three. When signing a Buyers relationship list the areas you want them to represent you in. This will allow you to work a number of Real Estate agent at the same time in all the areas you want to look and still have a contractual relation them. So go and get Pre Approved from a mortagage company pick your agents and happy house hunting. Oh by the way as you search remmember ONLY you can make it a home. Please feel free to call me in my office at 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
Hi Malita, I have successfully many first-time home buyers and I can actually give you a couple names to call and chat with as references. How's that sound!

I also DO advise my clients not to get in over their heads, so I will advise you on mortgage, mortgage insurance, home inspection, etc.

Email me in private so I can give you those references?

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
How much are you (the buyer) willing to pay for exclusive representation? Keep in mind that it is usually the seller that is paying the broker to sell their home. I agree that you should also interview more than one experienced broker/agent.
In PA, Buyers DO NOT pay for exclusive representation. And while it is not illegal many Realtors in Philadelphia shy away from being in Dual Agencies. On top of that, in any case, both the buyer and seller have to sign that they are okay with a dual agency.
Flag Fri Mar 15, 2013
Have no fear Malita I will take care of you 110% guaranteed. Call, email or text me and I will help you through this daunting process. I specialize in First Time Homebuyers!

Looking forward to working for you soon,

Carolyn Mosley
Re/Max Affiliates NE
267 971-9373 cell
215 335-6900 office
http://www.callcarolfirst.com
callcarolfirst@yahoo.com

There are many great agents in the Philadelphia area, and I would highly recommend interviewing two or three before making your decision.
I would like to invite you to my office to discuss your home buying needs and tell you about the services that our office provides. Please email or call me to discuss at your convenience.
Have a great weekend.

Ian Perler
Star Real Estate Group
Sales Manager and Licensed Sales Agent
(203) 770-3803
ian@starrealestategroup.net
http://www.mrphillyrealestate.com
My name is Natalie. I have been doing real estate for 15 years. I will be happy to work with you.
I have a beautiful house in Yeadon,PA right now to show you as well as a few houses in Northeast Phila, PA
You can contact me directly 917-297-7465 cell.

Looking forward to talk to you.
The first thing you need to do is talk to a mortgage professional to see what you are pre-approved for. From there we can go and see what your monthly mortgage payments along with taxes, insurance and pmi would be at certain prices. I have a couple mortgage professionals that I have confidence in and would be more than happy to get you their information to get you started on the right track.
Hi!

There are many excellent agents in the Philadelphia region. One way "interview" agents is to attend open houses in the areas in which you are looking for a home and take the opportunity to chat with the agents hosting the open houses.

Ana Barlow
The Barlow Group
Keller Williams Center City

anabarlow@gmail.com
Malita,

There are several good realtors that post on this site that would be able to assist you. By speaking with them you should be able to determine who you are most conformtable with and who knows these areas well.

Wes Costello
AnnieMac Home Mortgage
610-659-7014