Home Buying in Chandler>Question Details

Frank-lamont…, Home Buyer in Chandler, AZ

I'm a first time home buyer and I'm currently looking for a home I was curious are there any programs for first time home buyers or a way

Asked by Frank-lamont Wade, Chandler, AZ Mon Apr 22, 2013

to minimize?

Answers

10
Hey Frank!
I work with a great lender that could possibly get you into a home with no money down! I would love to help you out with this and get you connected with him!

Please feel free to contact me at anytime that works for you.

480-275-9566

PS. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
Good morning Frank-lamont,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.
NEW YORK ONLY

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
Dear Frank:

Yes, Maricopa has the Home in Five free grant, 5% of the loan amount for a FHA loan or 6% for a VA loan for buyers with moderate income. The first thing to do is get pre-qualified with a lender participating in the free grant program.

Give me a call and I will answer any questions.

Here is a link for first time home buyers: http://www.arizonahomesland.com/firsttimehomebuyers.html

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
Check out this web site, http://www.azpropertiesbysallykay.com you can look for homes just like an agent. There will be lender information there as well. If you need further information don’t hesitate to contact me at sallykay@cox.net or call me 480-940-0177. /
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
There is a First Time Home Buyer program for a purchase anywhere in Maricopa County which provides down payment and closing assistance. This program still has funds, but they are limited. I know 3 lenders who participate in this program, not all lenders are participating. If you'd like more information, please email or call me.

P (480) 313-5758
EM: shawnschnoor@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
Yes there are different programs out there for first time home buyers. I would start by talking with a qualified mortgage lender and they could go through the different programs in your area that you may qualify for.
Hello, As everyone has stated there are a few programs out there. ! you could look into is the

NSP program. Here is the Link. http://www.phoenix.gov/nsphome

If you need anything else feel free to call.

Jack 602-741-8544
Yes, there is one through Maricopa County called Home in 5 Advantage Program. It will last as long as there is money left. The program gives you up to 5% in down payment money. I actually have a client that is using this program right now and we are closing next month. If you would like the name of a lender that is participating in this program, just feel free to contact me.

(480) 717-7204
celeste@ubgrealestate.com
Yes, there are several first time homebuyer programs that my clients have used in the past. Have you spoken with a lender to start the prequalification process yet?
Hi Frank,

I would love to assist you in purchasing a home. I can set you up with a professional lender and you can go over the programs and rates they offer. Feel free to contact me with lender information.

-Barbara.