Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Wendy, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I'm a disabled vet thinking of moving to Houston from California. Does Houston have any kind of property tax exemption for 100% disabled vets?

Asked by Wendy, San Diego, CA Sun Mar 24, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3068896498-Vintage-Lakes-9715…

Answers

4
Yes, with a 100% disability rating, the exemption amount is $12,000 from the property's value. Please feel free to call me about VA financing and benefits.

Anna Maria Durr, NMLS 266699
Codemark Financial
2626 Richmond Ave., Houston, Texas 77098
281-592-0667
anna@codemarkfinancial.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 24, 2013
Harris County offers a great tax exemption for 100% service connected disabled veterans. This is from the Harris county website:
If you qualify as a 100% Disabled Veteran
Q. How much of my home’s value will it exempt?
If you qualify, your home will be totally exempt from property taxes in all jurisdictions, regardless of the home’s value. If you co-own the home with someone other than your spouse, your share of the home’s value will be exempted.
Q. What are the qualifications for this exemption?
You qualify for this 100% homestead exemption if you meet these requirements:
• You own a home and occupy it as your residence homestead.
• You are receiving 100% disability compensation from the US Department of Veterans Affairs for a service-connected disability.
• You have a disability rating of 100% disabled or of individual employability

Please contact me for more information

Antonio Bermudez
832-746-0541
Dunamis Reality Group
I'm also a veteran
Yes there is an exemption and a lot of other benefits. Have you purchased your first home with a VA loan yet?
I am working on two VA loan purchases at this moment, the savings are huge.

Check out my and my collegues websites to find you the Buyer's agent you think you will feel most comfortable working with.

Folks are moving to Houston in droves right now, and I would be happy to get you aquainted with the area via maps and customized home searches sent to your e-mail.

I can send you links to my three favorite lenders, too.

Thank you for your service to our country.
There is an exception to the property tax, but I will have to research and see if there is such a tax relief for disabled veterans. By the way, we have offices in throughout California and Houston Texas. Do you know what area of Houston you are moving to?

Roland J. Northland
805-404-7252 Cellular
877-258-8462 Toll Free