Home Buying in Sunrise>Question Details

Trish, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'm a college student looking to start at Nova January. I was looking at the condos on here and there seem like some decent ones in Ft.

Asked by Trish, Fort Lauderdale, FL Sun Nov 1, 2009

Lauderdale for around 30k. Is it smart to buy these condos instead of paying rent? And if so, can these houses be financed and how easy is it right now? These condos don't say short sale.

Answers

2
Any time buying is better than renting.If you qualify for mrtgage you will find it smoth.Good luck.
Good question! How long will you be going to school here? How would you be paying for the condo cash or loan? Given our market now... financing is tight. Questions to ask about a condo / townhome are; What is the ratio of homeowners to renters? What would be the rent payment vs. mortgage payment? What financial shape is the association in? How % of short sales and foreclosures versus normal sale in the last 6 months, 12 months? When would you want to resell. These are just some of the tip of the iceburg questions to ask. I've got more.