Home Buying in Norcross>Question Details

Fsedlow, Other/Just Looking in 85757

I'm Married and live in AZ, and I want to Purchase a House in my name only. Can this be done in AZ ?

Asked by Fsedlow, 85757 Fri May 4, 2012

Wife has Tax liens from State of Michigan from her business, and can't qualify for any morgage. I have been approved with my income alone, but have been told, that I can't buy a house in AZ without my wife being on the morgage. Is this True?

Answers

3
Beenthere’s answer
When you create a monster or enable a monster to emerge, the monster will eventually destroy you. You are enabling your wife to get away with tax she owes a state government. Believe me, if you succeed, eventually you will loose this house to her -at least half of the equity built on the house. Why? Anyone who is smart enough to elude a state govt will not find it hard to get rid of a single human being. If I were you, I would let my wife face her financial obligation, and I would help her as much as I can to bring the situation to an end. To push the tax lien under the carpet, and keep on investing in a new house is delusion because eventually you will loose that house.
Hi Fsedlow,
Are you looking to purchase in AZ or Norcross?
I believe here in Ga a married person has the right to purchase a property as
sole ownership without their spouse.

Laquita Baez
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770-901-0956
http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Even though Arizona is a community property state, you can purchase alone. As long as you can qualify on your own ncome you can purchase as a "Sole and Seperate". Your wife will be required to sign a disclaimer deed stating that she disclaims any interest in the home (she can still inherit the home should something happen to you).

Some might suggest that you add her to the title after closing, but I do not recommend having one person on the loan and two on the title. You never know what will happen years from now.