Home Buying in Erving>Question Details

Kathleen Lac…, Home Buyer in Brookhaven, NY

I love the house at 14 Erving St. But it is heated with wood? How much work and/ or money would it take to convert to a different fuel system?

Asked by Kathleen Lacey, Brookhaven, NY Sat Nov 2, 2013

I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

They could help you get estimates and explore tax incentives.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
I would have a professional into the home to give you a quote then you can make an offer based on that information. I could not find a 14 Erving street in the mls but I did find a 14 Irving street in New Bedford. Is this the property you are referring to? http://www.territory.com/mlspin/71557836/14-irving-st-new-be…

Hope that helps!

Territory Real Estate
Massachusetts #1 Broker for Home Buyer's
617 848 5407 ext 704
Web Reference: http://territory.com
The best thing to do is have a heating contractor give you a quote. You don't mention if there are radiators in place or exactly the system.

Don't be afraid to ask the listing agent for some time to get a quote from a contractor before making your final decision. If you love the house and this is the only thing holding you back see what it will cost.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi Kathleen - You won't often find a house that you love so if you do love this one you should get an HVAC person in there to give you some options. It may not be all that much. Good luck to you.

Ellen G. Friedman, Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013