Home Buying in Tucson>Question Details

mamasams, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

I looking into moving to the Tucson, AZ area in the next year or two. I want a newer subdivision. Where should I start?

Asked by mamasams, Tucson, AZ Thu Jan 31, 2013

Answers

23
Hi Mamasams,

I am an agent in the Tucson area, and would be happy to help you find a home. There are many newer subdivisions to choose from, so I will need more details as to what you are looking for. Rather than do that in this forum, you can contact me directly through my website, below.

David
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2013
When you are ready, hire a REALTOR. That Realtor works for for you, finds all the homes that you will like and can qualify for, looks over and examines the documents, helps with inspections, and get's everything done in escrow. The best thing is they do it for you, to protect you, and you don't even pay them. It is a great system. So when you are ready, our Team will be ready to help you.
Nothing beats finding a REALTOR that will listen to your needs, provide you with a high level of service to ensure a smooth transaction, give you market knowledge and experience, show you the opportunities that are available all with a smile!
It starts with a Realtor who knows the area :-) Oh, you wouldn't have to look far, I am available or a colleague of your choice! With over 340 successfully closed transactions throughout the Tucson metro area, it helps to choose an experienced Realtor.

For a FREE comprehensive home buyer's guide click on http://goo.gl/232cm

Evan Harris, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
11165 N. La Canada Dr. #175
Tucson/Oro Valley, AZ 85737
evancharris@comcast.net
520.481.2580-direct
Hi Mamasams,
At Quail Creek, Green Valley, a Robson Resort Community for active adults 40+, you'll find resort-style amenities, innovative new homes and countless of activities & social opportunities. As a first-time visitor, you can get a "Taste of Life" at one of the Robson Resort Communities of your choice.

Simply stop at the Model Village and ask for Sue Taylor-Lane

• Complete a registration card
• Tour the beautiful collection of model homes
• Receive a voucher from Sue for a complimentary lunch for two at the QC Grill.

This is your opportunity to discover firsthand what life is like at a Robson Resort Community. Contact Sue at 520-940-0500 with any questions "Taste of Life Promotion" expires March 31, 2013.
To get started, I need to know where you will be working, have friends here or if you want to be on one side of town or the other. Tell me what you want in a home and I can send all of the areas. Bedrooms, baths, price range and any other things you would like to have. When you come for a visit we can see the whole area or concentrate on the areas you have liked. let me know and we can get started. There are too many just to send "All" so we need to narrow it down some. Thanks and I hope to hear from you.
How exciting that you plan to move to sunny Tucson, AZ! As many of the others have said, it would be great to get a little more information from you so that I can direct you to the newer subdivisions that would meet your needs. Are you planning to come to Tucson to retire? If so, maybe a 55+ community would meet your needs. Do you like to hike, bike or is it more important for you to be near the University of AZ to be able to enjoy events and activities at the University and in the downtown area? Is employment bringing you to town and if so, how close would you like to be to your place of business? Or...are you escaping the cold weather where you currently live and plan to be here only for the winter months? I would love to chat with you to get all the details so that I can get you set up in an area that will be perfect for your needs. I am a transplant to the area from Pennsylvania and know first hand how difficult it is to know where to locate to within Tucson. I hope I can help you with your relocation. Feel free to give me a call anytime at 520-548-8548.
There is alot of brand new construction on the North West side of Tucson in Marana. Easy access to I-10 and shopping. My office is located in Dove Mountain serving the North West side of town. Please visit my website for more information about our growing communities here in Marana. http://WWW.VWALLACE.LONGREALTY.COM
I am familiar with all of Tucson and surrounding communities. Tell me where you will be working and how long of a commute you can tolerate. It really depends on that and I will set up a search of the newer communities that might interest you. Just tell me the features you desire and a maximum price limit and we will get started. Hope to hear from you soon. Ric Mills 520-548-8940, http://www.thedanadlerteam.com
I would need to find out more of what your needs are to get you to the right subdivision. I can send you info on surronding new communities and tell you about the areas so you get an idea of what is available right now. If you move in 2 years there may be new communities being developed. I would like an opportunity to talk with you. Call me at 520-471-4711 or AzProperties@Ymail.com - Monica
Lots of great answers here!

To set up a listing alert, see the link below. You can specify year built in your search.

Jo Ann
Tucson New home construction is starting to boom again. In the NE there are many homes built in the 2005 boom that are available at bargain rates.
If you want New construction, what is available now may not be what is available in a year or two. A few months ago I was helping a couple relocate and in the space of 2 weeks, 3 of the 4 New projects they were interested in sold out. In the 4th, all that was available was the model home, which they bought.
My suggestion would be to take your next vacation in Tucson, decide what part of town you like best, and meet/select a realtor that can help you in this process.
Good luck and welcome!
Doug Seemann
Long Realty
520-370-8907
DougS@longrealty.com
HI mamasams,

The oldest houses in Tucson are close to downtown. The city expanded east and west in the 1950s through 1980s. There are few new houses within five miles of downtown.

In the 1990s, huge subdivisions were built to the far northwest (Continental Ranch) and southeast (Rita Ranch).

In the 2000s, construction started to the southwest and south. These houses tend to be less expensive than the houses to the northwest and southeast. When you get here and start to compare neighborhoods, you will see why.

The place to start would be to figure out how much you can afford. If you are planning to move to Tucson without a job, and you need a job, find the job first. Many people are surprised at how difficult it is to find a good paying job in Tucson. Unless you really enjoy driving and paying for gas, you might want to select your neighborhood based on where you work. It can take over an hour to get from one side of Tucson to the other.

If you don't need to work, and you can pay cash, then the question of where to look for a home depends on how much you want to spend and what you want in your surroundings and neighbors. It would be helpful to work with a buyer's representative who has sold hundreds of homes in all parts of our glorious city.

Donna Moulton
Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
http://www.SweetDesertHome.com
I would be happy to e-mail you a 9-step report on how to buy a home, from star to finish.

Just e-mail me at matt@HUDsInTucson.com and I'll send that (and ONLY that) to you.

Matthew Tennyson, CRS, GRI
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
http://www.HUDsInTucson.com
520-631-0032

Tucson has quite a few newer subdivisions throughout the city. I would be more than happy to work with you in the coming year or so until you are ready. Please contact me directly at your convenience so that I can get a better sense for your needs and desires!

Michael
If you pick up or order the Sunday Arizona Daily Star there is a section in there about new developments. When I moved to Tucson, I had the newspaper sent to me for a few months to " get the lay of the land" in the new community. There are a number of communities that have been under construction during the last few years, but since the real estate market declined so much during that period, there were few new communities started.

If you need to be pre-qualified for a mortgage, please consider me as a source.
I would recommend finding a local Realtor to work with, you can click on the profiles of those that took the time to answer your question to learn more about them. Once you have found a local Realtor to work with, they will review your search criteria and can start sending you listings. However, the market will be completely different in a couple of years, you can start now to get a sense of subdivisons and etc.

You will want to get pre-approved with a lender at some point but if you are more than 1 year out, that cant wait until you get closer to making a decision.

Best of luck.

Spirit

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
SpiritRealty@cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com
Why do you want to move to Tucson AZ?

Federico
520-256-2116
Feel free to contact me and I can get you started. Dave. 520-404-9577 dave@bigdsunderman.com
Feel free to contact me and I can get you started, Dave. 520-404-9577 dave@bigdsunderman.com
Visit us at http://www.LuxuryTucsonLiving.com and you can search all available homes in Tucson / Southern Arizona by the year that they were built.

James & Nicolette Servoss
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
I am sure there is a Better Homes and Gardens Real estate office in the area
you want to move in.
Contact the office and the best to look for in the area that you want to be close too... schools, work etc.
Call and talk to a Realtor and they will send you the full details of the area you are looking for...
NO cost to you.Also, added is a web reference for your general info.
You need a search tool that allows you to specify the "year built" parameter in your searches. Generally in Tucson the newer homes will be in the outlying areas. If you are not familiar with the Tucson area, you should get some help.

I would recommend contacting a REALTOR in the Tucson area and ask them to set up a "portal" into their MLS system that has the specifications you are desiring. This will provide you the most accurate data.

I do not work the Tucson area, but if you contact me I will be happy to provide you with the names of some agents in Tucson.