Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Barbara, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

I'll try again---Can anyone tell me what areas if any that my husband n i should not buy a home in Naples or Fort Myers area ? We are in our

Asked by Barbara, Fort Myers, FL Tue Sep 27, 2011

60's. We are looking for a nice community, not expensive, apt. or co-op manufactured home park with club house, swimming pool, exercise room, etc., fun things to do !! With reasonable fee's. Alot of the fee's in the area are unbelievable.

Answers

8
Dear Barbara, your question is not properly "worded" which is probably why you didn't get an answer.
Instead of asking for anyone to tell you what areas you shouldn't be buying in (which as Realtors is a subject we can't discuss), why don't you ask instead what areas can be recommended to you. Re-post your question this way. You can also contact the sheriff's office for information. Here are two links.
http://www.colliersheriff.org/Index.aspx?page=1922
http://a1202696.sites.myregisteredsite.com/news/crimemap/cri…
Most "Realtors" - will have a suggestion for you... but you have to understand there are legal dilemmas to this question.... since they "all" have to be careful not to "steer" clients....and they also don't want to disparage different neighborhoods... which is why they appear to "go on and on" and don't answer your question.

The simple solution is to interview a few realtors in person.... since realtors typically "show what they know"... most will normally try to take you to their favorite areas first...

So your job and it is a job...is to find "the realtor" who can take the time to listen - do the research and then only take you to what is best for you... most of the realtors in this forum are "active and aggressive realtors"... so any of them should give you a good start to find that home quickly!

With Respect, joey

Joey Smith, Realtor
Tropics Real Estate, Inc.
539 5th Avenue S, Naples, FL 34102
cell: 239.285.2216; fax: 239.261.8671
http://www.NaplesHomeFinders.com
Naples, Bonita Springs & Estero Area
joey@itsnaples.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 30, 2011
Hi Barbara -

Your question is not uncommon. There may be many communities that meet your criteria. I might suggest working directly with someone who specializes in understanding your specific needs. And a free service I offer can narrow down homes to just what you're looking for, and target homes specific to your desires. This service allows you to change your own criteria at will and tag homes you like, exclude others. I measure my success by the many glowing customer testimonials and why my business is 90% Referral based. As a multiple award winner, including 5-Star Best in Client Satisfaction 2009, 2010 and 2011, I find what you are looking for. To find your home, feel free to contact me at NEJaynes@hotmail.com or 239-821-3789. I look forward to working together and adding you to my long list of happy customers.
Nancy E Jaynes, REALTOR(r) "I Find What You're Looking For"
Premiere Plus Realty Co, 370 12th Ave S, Naples, FL 34104
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 28, 2011
For crime statistics by neighborhood, use Neighborhood Scout: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/

Type in the city and state and it will give you crimate rates by individual area.
Send me your email address and I can help you with an answer. This question cannot be answered in a public forum.
Designations and Certification
What do those letters after your Name mean to me?
Gregory Symmes REALTOR®, ABR®, RSPS®, SFR®
Why Use an ABR®: Experienced in Buyer Representation
Buying a home is no small matter. Besides being the largest financial transaction you may ever undertake, it’s probably also the most complex. There are many good reasons to work with a qualified real estate professional—especially a trained professional who has earned the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation, representing best-in-class buyer services.

When you look for an ABR® before you look for a home, you’ll be served, not sold. Your interests become their interests. And you’ll be working with someone who has gone the extra mile by completing specialized training in delivering the best in buyer-representation services. Plus, a REALTOR® who has an ABR® Designation also has an established track record, with proven experience in representing the concerns of home buyers.

The ABR® Designation is awarded through the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council, or REBAC, which was founded in 1988 to promote superior buyer-representation skills and services. REBAC is an affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).

The Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) is an education-based certification program. Launched in 2006, the RSPS Certification was created by the National Association of REALTORS® to better serve the growing second-home and resort real estate market and now has over 1,300 elite members. RSPS is recognized as an official NAR certification and allows buyers and sellers to have confidence in the ability of a REALTOR® who specializes in resort and second-homes to assist them with their search.

Greg has been certified the National Association of Realtors, as an SFR. Designed for elite real estate professionals, NAR's SFR certification gives you a framework for understanding how to: direct distressed sellers to finance, tax, and legal professionals; qualify sellers for short sales; develop a short-sale package; negotiate with lenders. Handle all aspects of short sales and foreclosures for buyers and sellers.
Greg is also a member of the following Realtor® Association:

Visit Greg on Social Media
At Facebook http://www.facebook.com/gregory.symmes
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/naplehomesguy
You Tube:
http://youtube.com/user/naplerealtychannel
Visit Greg on the World Wide Websites:
Listing Available
http://www.gregsymmes.listingbook.com
Real Estate Education and Naples
http://www.napleshomebuyersworkshop.com

Greg’s Roles in Helping You
My #1 Role: Consultant
• I ask questions - you will notice I will ask you profound insightful questions.
• I take the risk of asking questions - they are the type of questions that the typical agent might not ever take the risk of asking you.
• I discover what’s important to you - by asking probing, intelligent questions because discovering what’s important to you is really important to me.
• When I lead, your choices are easy - I clarifying your values, because when your values are clear, your choices are easy, and you want to make good, easy choices, do you not?
• I listen vigilantly to understand what’s important to you - consulting is listening vigilantly to your answers.
• I craft a strategic process for you - after I have heard you, I craft a very specific strategic process to make sure you get the best home.

My #2 Role: as Your Negotiator
• I am like a pit bull - I treat your money like it is mine.
• I am an expert in the lost art of haggling - I will tell you what price I think you should offer and how to negotiate the counter offers.
• I am skilled, experienced and focused - it’s in your best interest to have a skilled experienced and focused negotiator on your team.
• I critically examine assumptions being relied on - I listen very closely to what the seller’s agent is telling me about the seller and use it to our advantage.
• I am skillfully articulate - as I am negotiating for you I will skillfully articulate the strengths and weakness of the suggestions other agents or lenders propose.

My #3 Role: I Over See All the Transactional Details
• I oversee the details - in the days and weeks ahead, you will come to appreciate my role as the person who oversees all transaction details.
• I dot the i’s and cross the t’s - because each transaction has 100 pieces of paper requiring upward of 43 signatures and initials, every “i” must be dotted and every “t” must be crossed, making a mistake could be very costly to you.
• I integrate complexity - every transaction has 100 to 150 phone calls alone, and each one of them is loaded with critical details.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
Hello Barbara,

While I am not able to tell you what areas you, "should not buy" I am more than capable of helping you find the home that best suits your Real Estate needs. As far as fees this would be something that I will filter in my search for you. What is "not expensive", have you been pre-qualified for a mortgage; feel free to contact me outside of this community so that I will be better able to assist you?

Agnes tabor,REALTOR
239 564-0384
agnes@agnestabor.com
Barbara,
Another consideration might be a 55+ community. If you'd like a list of some of those, please let me know. Also what is your budget/price range? There are a number of communities, either 55+ or not, that will fit your needs. Please let me know if you'd like specific information on some recommended communities. Just send me your direct email address and I'd be happy to send you some suggestions. And best of luck!
Barbara,