Erin, Home Buyer in 12550

I'll be looking for a house in lehighton , pa area in the 100-155 price range. Are houses moving in this area?

Asked by Erin, 12550 Tue May 27, 2008

how low could I bid without insulting seller

Answers

6
You may not get a direct answer. There are so many questions and answers on this forum that many just get pushed down the list and out of sight.

A direct answer would not serve you as well as my general response to questions like yours at any rate. Your best option is to make a buyer representation agreement with a local REALTOR member of the MLS. Since I have nothing to gain by telling you this, trust me when I say it will cost you no more than going it on your own and save you innumerable headaches--and potentially save you significant cost.
Please consider speaking with a local agent or Realtor, they can help you find exactly what you are looking for. Looks like a couple of local agents took the time to answer your question, click on their profile(s) and give a couple a call.
Best of luck.
Spirit
In recent months successful bids have been in the 93% to 95 % of list price range. this is borne out by statistics that are available from our MLS reports. Most seller's are happy to respond to offers even if they are not willing to reduce the price of their homes by much. Unless your agent has direct contact with the seller, they have no idea the circumstances of the seller's motivation.
My advice--find a house you would really like to live in, Make a reasonable offer, be prepared to negotiate and get your house under contract with terms acceptable to everyone before someone else scoops it up before you have a chance.
Almost a 2 year old question. I am sure by now you realize the houses do not move as the ground is stable. As far as insulting a seller who cares? You insult, you get it, you are happy. The seller will get over it once they have cash in hand.

Did you ever find a house?
Hi Erin,

You will find a lot of options in the Carbon County area! With spring just a few days away, there are many homes to pick from. Whether you are looking in town or out in the counrty, I'm sure I can find the right home for you! Let me know how I can help!
Web Reference: http://lisamsawyer.com
Yes houses are moving in this area. I would love to send you some listings in this price range .Could you send me some more info ? what kind of house are you looking for ? How many bedrooms and bathrooms are you looking for? Do you need a garage? How about the lot size?