Home Buying in Bend>Question Details

Susie, Home Buyer in Bend, OR

I lived in Bend for 10 years and am considering moving back. Lots of new subdivisions!

Asked by Susie, Bend, OR Mon Jun 29, 2009

Can anyone give me information on SE subdivisions? Which ones have hoa's and which do not? I'm currently looking for info on which subdiivision includes Cobblestone Place Anyone which an overview of the SE area? Any and all info would be appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Bend

Answers

4
Thanks for your comments. I found the home on a JLScott map. Why the listing says, SE Cobblestone when it's in the SW area, I haven't a clue. The particular home sold for $309K in late 2004, and is now listed at $295K.
My price range is $275-$400K. Yes, quite a range, but I do have 20% down, near-perfect credit, and no debt. I can afford any PITI in that price range at today's interest rates with a fixed 30-year loan. (I've already done the math). I see there are nearly 500 SFRs available in that price range as of today, With Bend's 15%+ unemployment rate, the # of homes currently on the market, and upcoming mortgage meltdowns ("pick a pay mortgages"), I'm not concerned with availability.
For me, it's finding the right home and not being stuck on a certain price point. I may come to Bend for the 2009 Tour of Homes in July and stay with old friends, and check out different subdivisions and homes. Once again, I appreciate your comments.
Susie;

Try this. You can shop for homes on a fully interactive map with cool features and filters so you can set your price and SF and all of that.

Drag the map...zoom in and out...play with it.

This is updated every minute of the day. Very Powerful stuff!

Here you go.

http://www.theknudsens.com/mapping/portland/area/multnomah_c…

Thanks and call if you need a great realtor!

Regards;

Dirk T Knudsen
Re/Max Hall of Fame
503-799-8383
Web Reference: http://www.calldirk.com
Bend was one of those areas that had a hot market not too long ago, but now settling back in to some kind of normal. Still a great place to live, but you should be able to find some deals there, as these agents have yet to tell you.
Susie....Cobblestone Place is located in the RiverRim subdivision in 'SW' Bend...very nice area of new homes and parks, located off Brookswood Ave. Take a look on Google maps and it will come up or type in Cobblestone Place , Bend and it will be there.
The SE subdivisions are numerous, but the place to start might be looking at the price-points of the area to see if a home in your price range is available, then get the particulars on the area. We can search by sectors. The first thing for you to do though would to get pre-approved by a lender of your choice so you know where your area of purchase should be. When you know the price range you should be looking in if makes your search far more accurate. Should you have more questions, my contact info is below...Sharon