Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

r.ray, Home Buyer in North Port, FL

I live up North in New England and I'm looking for a newer house in North Port. Around 2000 sq. ft.-I waited to get cash to buy in order to be

Asked by r.ray, North Port, FL Sun Mar 11, 2012

in a more favorable buying position.Any suggestions to me about navigating thru the North Port housing market from where I currently live

Answers

6
Adele Millan’s answer
Hello Ray,

Your strategy has put you in a very good buying position at a perfect time and place where you can get so much for your money. The city of North Port is a young thriving community that offers a lot of amenities and the house prices are lower than its neighboring cities.

It would be my pleasure to help you achieve your goal. Please click or copy and paste the following link to my site at http://amillan.exitkingrealty.com to find the homes that meet your criteria. You will then get an immediate update as soon new homes that meet your criteria becomes available.

Look forward to hear from you.

Adele Millan
Exit King Realty
Phone: 941-815-4075
E-mail: adelemillan@gmail.com
Ray,
It can be a tricky situation to purchase a home when you are thousands of miles away.
Knowing the process you will follow to make a purchase decision will be extremely beneficial for the real estate professional you choose to work with. For instance:
-
1. Will you need to come to FL to tour the home before making a decision?
-
2. What would be the lead time required for such a trip?
Timing can be a critical issue and building in excessive uncertainty is not well received by sellers in a competitive market.
-
3. When do you plan to be in Florida next.
-
4. How frequently have you scheduled to visit Florida.

-Ray, I know you believe 'cash' is a factor that will make you king in the the real estate market. You need to be aware, 50% of all home sales below $500,0000 are cash. Unless your CASH removes contingencies such as appraisal, inspection or really short close time (see the problem) is brings little to the table. After all, at the closing table, it's all cash.
-
I've seen cash buyers bid up a $95,000 home to $135,000. It is a real circus in some markets.
-
You may find that working with a multi-dimensional real estate pro presents options from which you can benefit while slipping into the buyer market as an investor (term used lightly) or the benefactor of an investor. This can create a real, advantage. In this environment, patience, trust and decisiveness pays great benefits. The options depends on your situation, awareness of the real estate market, and connecting with the right folks.

With a good understanding between you and your real estate professional. your goals can be acheived. But not without addressing these issues. Know the criteria you will need to make a decision, the timeline involved and the logistics involved. Some are comfortable with making purchase decision leveraging technology. You and your agent should work out an understanding and do a few practice runs to see if the plan can work.

Best of success in finding your piece of the Sun Shine State.
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727. 420. 4041
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
Grettings fellow New Englander, I will be able to find you that perfect home in Florida.
Is this going to be a second home? Are you relocating?
Call me so we can get started.
Best Wishes
Andrea
There is a big choice of newer homes in North Port, but Kent is right, inventory is down. Cash buyers are always welcome. If you e-mail me your criteria, I am more than happy to assist you. My e-mail is info@2Sarasota.com .You can reach me by phone at 941-356-6580. You can also search on my website to get a feeling what,s on the market.

Kind Regards

Werner
Broker Associate, CRS, CIPS, TRC, GRI, SFR
Web Reference: http://WernerUntrieser.com
r.ray,

This is a very common scenario that requires a local agent that is in the trenches that can feed you sample property that are a good match for your personal search criteria and a first hand appreciation for the area's market activity.

We would be happy to serve as a resource for you.

billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Good Morning,

There are many Realtors who would love to assist you, me included. Believe it or not, inventory is down for nice newer homes priced 100k or less. You have more choices above 100k but it depends on what size home you're looking for. There are still great deals under 100k.

You may want to consider homes built in 2003 or newer, they offer the lowest insurance rates because they were constructed to the 130 mph wind code.

Many Realtors offer free home searches through their websites. We offer the public MLS website which is great for advanced search including eliminating short sales, pools, etc. You can visit us at FLSunTeam.com and click the Search MLS link.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about North Port or surrounding areas. We live here and love it.

Kent Wolfe
Realtor, Sun Realty.