Home Buying in Chelsea>Question Details

Rick, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I live overseas and am looking to by an apartment in NYC. Anybody know a broker who knows the ins and outs of a foreigner buying in the city?

Asked by Rick, New York, NY Sun Jun 13, 2010

Answers

7
If you need an agent to asst. you please fell free to call me.
Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609
Hi Rick,

I am a broker in NYC and yes, i know the "in's and out's" of helping a foreigner purchasing a property in the city. To tell you the truth, the amount of foreigners buying property in NYC either for investment purposes or to live in, makes up a large portion of the buyers market. Whether its how to transfer your funds, handling financing, and finding the property, I can help you with your needs.

Elan
646 808 9494
Elan.Gavish@Elliman.com
Rick,

The main difference between NYC and any other market is the fact that the bulk of the properties in New York are coops and not condos. So you do not buy the property, but shares in the cooperative corporation (or LLC). The other consequence of this structure is that coop boards set certain financial requirements that differ from one building to another and also have an approval and interview process of prospective purchasers.

This makes buying in NYC more complicated than elsewhere.

I am an attorney (I also have a broker's license) and have lived abroad a good part of my life. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Feel free to contact me at donna@droslaw.com.
Dear Rick,
Buying a home is probably the largest and most difficult financial and emotional decision you will ever make. The New York real estate market is especially challenging to navigate and is unique in many ways. Therefore, it is important you are confident the broker you are chosing will provide you with the most accurate market information, is attentive to your needs and desires and will help you make sound decisions.

You want to find a broker who understands both the specific neighborhood that you are interested in as well as the particular needs of a foreign buyer.

Having lived and worked in many countries, I consider myself a “citizen of the world” and have a keen understanding of the special needs and wants of an international clientele. I work with many different foreign buyers and I'd be happy to talk to you about your specific needs and wants.

The company I am working with, BOND New York, is the fastest growing real estate company in Manhattan. It has a sales force of over 400 licensed salespeople in 5 Manhattan offices and is Manhattan’s largest independently owned firm. The Manhattan real estate market has the highest concentration of international investors in the United States, more so than Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston or Washington D.C.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 14, 2010
I work with Weichert Realty,,we have a relocation program ..try Weichert .com ,,put in your desired location ,and theres a tab to click on,where you put phone number and an agent will be called that knows that area..and you will recieve a call back within minutes..Our company can also assist you in the travel to the city, its our gold star service ..and it includes free consultation with a mortgage broker if needed to help guide you financially..GOOD LUCK.. Catherine
It isn't as much a matter of knowing ins and outs of buying...it is important regarding your finances. Whether you can get a mortgage (if needed) may be far more rudementary.

If you wish to contact me directly at gail@gailgladstone.com, I will try to connect you with those who handle foreign purchases.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Rick
Most local brokers should kwon the ins and out.
Within your targeted area will be able to help you.