Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Isaac A, Real Estate Pro in Thornwood, NY

I live outside New York and will like to start real estate rental as a beginner. any advice?

Asked by Isaac A, Thornwood, NY Sat Jul 6, 2013

Looking into a Realtor experienced in beginner investments

Answers

8
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Dennis and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 12. Thank you and good luck.
Hi isaac: I am the Principal Broker of Grand Lux Realty, located in Armonk. We are looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees. I have a lot of experience & can help you, train you, consult you, & coach you to your career goals. If you want to speak sometime, please call me at 914-273-9688. You can also see more information on our website: http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees.

If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
If you are looking to to become a Real Estate Agent, find a firm that specializes in rentals that will also offer you a comprehensive training program and has access to good listings.
Your first step is talk to a lender to see what you can buy then go from there. Good luck, Tom Inglesby, Broker, RE/MAX
I am a homeowner myself , and not actually a beginner. I need a real estate agent who really knows the market trend in Newyork-where to buy single family rental property?, etcc... kind of guide me through from scratch. Also interested in property managers . Like I said am not new in buying but new in to rental.
Hi Isaac,

There's a number of factors to consider: which part of NYC will work best for you vis-a-vis your work and transportation mode? what's your lifestyle? do you have family/children? any pets? finally, what's your budget? Once the realtor knows the basics he/she would carefully select the best match. Please know that the summer rental market is extremenly active and one has to act fast if they see what they like. Importantly, across the board in NYC, you must earn between 40 and 50 times your monthly rental amount per year.

Contact me with any further questions if you wish at >tshestakov@citihabitats.com< or by phone: 917-519-4664 cell. Stay cool!
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013
Please contact me and I will assist you in the search.

Candis S. Ransom
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Keller Williams-NYC
425 Park Avenue, 6 Floor, New York, NY 10022
M: 214.405.2020
cransom@kwnyc.com
Check with the state they may have some courses you can take about how to be a land lord. You will be required to have certain forms and follow some rules. Check with your city rules regarding rentals. Are you going to do the repairs yourself or hire contractors. There are some things you cannot fix yourself. You will need a good list of workers that you can count on to do repairs quickly and for a reasonable amount. If you are think about doing management work for other land lords you might have to get a state license so check with the state real estate board. Good luck to you. Tom Inglesby, Broker RE/MAX
I have some experience with rentals as a homeowner myself. I do not live in Newyork, but interested in single/multi family rentals in NY. I am thinking about using the services of a property manager/management?
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013