Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

serra, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I live in urkey and would like to invest in a home in Orlando. I would like to stay there for a few months every year and rent it out for the rest.

Asked by serra, Los Angeles, CA Sun Mar 2, 2014

Is it realistic to assume we can manage this from abroad?

Answers

18
Hi Serra,

I DO NOT recommend you buy a short-term rental. Do not allow someone to convice you before you speak to me. I deal with many investors from all over the world and I've never sold them one. There are many reasons as to why you don't want to do that. I have an alternate plan that will work better for you. 2 of my international buyers bought long-term rentals and are very glad they spoke to me before making a purchase.

Give me a call and I'll explain why.

Looking forward to serving you.

WaelGeorgey
321-231-9843
Wael.InsightRealty@gmail.com

FREE MLS property searches:
http://www.PropertiesInTown.com

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/WaelGeorgeyRealtor
you will need a short term rental management company if you want to use the home yourself part of the year. If not then I can help with long term rental and management. alan@frontlinefloridarealty.com
Our home on Lake Killarney will be for sale soon. 3Bedroom 2 bath. We are in the desirable Winter Park area and a few minutes to downtown Orlando. near the Winter Park Village, a few minutes to a hospital, restaurants in walking distance and few minutes to Park Ave in Winter Park, Winter Park is the prefered area next to Orlando 25 minutes to Disney Ideal location in the center of the wheel. Bosphorus Turkish restaurant is not far either. We have very easy access to I-4 too which is a must to get around and many local back street nearby if you want to avoid the interstate. We went to Turkey Belleek or Anitali for our sons wedding last year. People were so nice. Ag abelcomm@aol.com
Dear Serra,

Yes it is possible to buy property in Orlando and have property manager by Management company. We as management charge 8% of rent and also help client buy distressed property and fix cheaply. I do have many clients in middle east and from other part of united states. Rate of income is approx 25 -30%.
Hi Serra

Pls let me know if you need financing for this purchase

We have 90% LTV on second/vacation Homes
and 85% on rental property

I am a Mortgage Loan Officer in Central Florida with years of experiince handling this type of purchase

Pls call me at 407 924 2759 if I can be of assistance or email me

Tom Bawany, Mortgage Loan Originagtor, NMLS #6521
HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.

Maitland, FL 32751
c: 407.924.2759
tbawany@homebridge.com
web: http://www.HomeBridge.com/tombawany

,
There are hundreds if not thousands of properties in the Orlando area where the bookings are managed from abroad. Check out VRBO.com to see how it is done.
Yes, we have many rental managment companies that do it for you. You just need a good one. We would be happy to make a recommendation. You want a management company that specializes in the area that you buy the home in, so that would have to happen first. You cannot rent homes in most of the areas on a short term basis because it is not zoned for it, unless you pay the local hotel taxes. You will also need to confirm to FIRPTA regulations for foreign buyers. Sounds complicated but it is not with good help from an experienced agent. We would be happy to help. Feel free to call to discuss. Jenn Lapoint 407 619 4602
Feel free to e-mail or call me directly.
I can help you find the right home for you your family.
I have clients from Turkey, Eurpoe, Australia and the UK, so used to helping overseas clients.
From the UK myself!
Chris
Orlando has many vacation rental homes because of all the tourism here. What is your price range? wWe would be happy to direct you to the best vacation rental communities where you can buy a home already furnished with active rental bookings so it would be a turn key business for you. We have three personal listing that all generate about 20-25k in rental income per year. Please call to discuss. Jenn and Kris Lapoint, Realty Executives 407 619 4602
Good morning Serra.

I am pleased to say hello, first of all give a warm welcome.

My name is Jesus Diaz, told him that I our organization is at your service.

I tell him that it is perfectly feasible to have your house in Orlando - Florida for vacation as long as you want and have it rented for as long as ud so decides, our organization can take care of everything so that ud feel calm and confident.

You can access to our website http://www.SuziKarrRealty.com or send your email address and we will gladly send options of properties that fit your requirements.

? lindisimo ????
Hola amigos, deseo comprar una casa en Orlando ahora en marzo, me interesa una casa independiente que tenga no menos de 3 dormitorios, 2 baños, amplias e iluminados ambientes, y que esté en buena ubicación y en una zona tranquila, el valor no debe exceder de los US$ 60,000 y el pago sería al cash.
Espero alguien pueda apoyarme.
Atte,
Alfredo
alarcor22@hotmail.com
Hello Serra!

I have a lot of clients from South America that bought houses planning to use for vacation and let with a management company to rent for short term rental. To do the management I like to recommend CozyKey Vacation Rentals who you can contact through their website: http://www.cozykey.com.
I know that a lot of good professionals will send you an email or phone numbers but you will need only one because in Florida every agent has access to all properties for sale. I wish you have a good luck to find the right one!
If you think I can help you please contact me at 407-766-7979.

Odair Magalhaes
English - Portugues - Español
To be zoned short term rental, you'll need to concentrate mostly in Osceola, Lake and Polk Counties. You'll find all kinds of options available from condos to large single family homes. Prices will vary greatly depending on the size of the unit and the type of amenities you're looking for. I have represented both buyers and sellers on these types of properties so I understand the product. It's important you work with an agent that knows the short term rental market since it's definitely a special niche. I can provide you an excellent range of options with income and expense analysis so that you have the best information available before you make a decision. I'd truly love the opportunity to help you. Please give me a call if I can be of assistance.

Melissa M Gerace
REALTOR at Century 21 Carioti
407-361-1694
Yes. There are certain locations around Orlando that can be rented out by the week. There are management companies that manage them. It would be quite easy to own a home and then reserve it for yourself whenever you want to visit.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
You have come to the correct place to find an agent. But not just any agent will do. you will need an agent that has experience in Short term Rental vacation resort home sales. I can recommend http://www.FrontlineFloridaRealty.com please call 407 832 4888 for important information on how this can be achieved.
Hi Serra:

You can absolutely own a great vacation home in Orlando and have a management company rent it for you. They will take care of everything and you will get your rental income deposited into your bank account.

I have owners from several countries in Latin America and Asia.

Send me an email and I can give you several choices in terms of properties and management companies.

I look forward to hear from you.

Synthia de la Portilla
sdelaportilla@mileniarealtygroup.com
Hello Serra,

I work in Davenport/Kissimmee vacation rental market. It is a definitely bit different than "regular" real estate. As a matter of fact it is designed for owners who are not local. I have had transactions where I never met the buyer(s). The whole process can be done electronically.

As you know a big part of owning a vacation rental is to have a property management company who takes good care of your investment and is capable of filling it with quality rentals. When I say quality rentals I mean - tenants who will stay few weeks at a time, pay a good rate and take care of your property.
Most management companies have their own specialty communities where they are good at. Therefore the first step would be to determine what type of property do you want to buy and what community will it be in.

Have you decided on following:
- Type of property: condo, town home or single family
- Budget

Based on these 2 qualifiers I could send you a list of communities and properties that I would recommend. PLEASE REMEMBER - not every short term /vacation rental community is a great for investment. I.e. Regal Palms condo's and town homes. From the initial look it seems to have it all - great pool complex, beautiful club house with kids play area, curb appeal and very reasonable prices. BUT there are monthly fees.. and a lot of them HOA $210 and monthly maintenance fee of $315.

That said. There are plenty of communities which are doing well. I have ROI documents for several communities that show 12%-15% returns.

Call or email me and I'll gladly help with the whole process

Margus Mahar, Realtor®

Specializing in Luxury and Investment Properties
- Certified 203K Renovation Specialist
- Advanced Construction Expert (ACE)
- Dream Team Professional TM
http://www.FLhomedeal.com
J.C. Penny Realty, LLC.
8701 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Suite 200
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Phone: 321-388-6856
Email: margus@jcpennyrealty.com
Yes, it is done daily in our area. Its called a Vacation Resort Home. The closer to Disney the better chances of having it rented many weeks of the year. We have 10's of resort management companies locally, so that will not be an issue either. They offer all sorts of management packages, from basic property upkeep to some include warranty weeks rented. The most important thing is to know what your budget is and find a community that has good amenities and traffic history.

Follow this link to see 50 of the many homes that match the vacation resort criteria and get more information. > http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1819165…

You can see more via my website http://www.SearchKissimmeeHomes.com

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Tony Vega
407-791-9086
AVegaPacheco@aol.com