Dave, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

I live in a 6 story building in jackson heights. I need to know if it's FHA approved. Who do I call ?

Asked by Dave, Queens, NY Fri Apr 12, 2013

Dave, there is more info that's needed I. Order to be able to determine if its FHA approved. Is this a condo we're talking about? I suggest you link up with a Loan Officer and it should be something that with basic information, the Loan Officer would be able to answer this question.

I do most of my business in Queens, I'm always available to talk or meet in one of our Queens offices and see how I can help you. Feel free to contact me.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648
It's a condo 34-44 82 st in jackson heights. my loan officer told me to ask my building management company & they seem not to know
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013
You can contact management and ask; if the building is a condo see link below; if the building is a co-op, keep in mind that they are not eligible for FHA loans....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
FHA approved buildings are for condos only, as co-ops do not generally allow FHA financing, since they have a 20% down payment restriction. If you e-mail me the building name I can confirm it for you.
You can speak with a mortgage lender and they can look it up or you can go on the HUD website for FHA approved condos and look it up. The management agent should also to let you know if the building is currently approved. The approval has an expiration date so it may have been approved but has expired. In any case contact a mortgage lender to assist you. Feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

718-533-3176 Office
917-941-5018 Mobile
877-791-1012 Fax
Email: Jackson.Robert@prospectmtg.com
Website: http://www.myprospectmortgage.com/JRobert
Its usually the bank who can help you to search if its approved or not. You can contact me we will find out for you.
The easiest option would be calling your management office
Dave, is it a co-op or a condo? If its a condo, depending on the Offering Plan it may or may not be FHA approved.

Co-ops do not allow FHA loans since their policy is to allow financing of up to 80 or 90% of the purchase price, which means that you must 10 % or 20 % down payment. FHA loans can be done with 3.5% down!!!!! Also, FHA has to do something with Right of First Refusal which is in every co-ops Offering Plan. If you need to discuss more, you may email me at sshrivastav@laffey.com
it is a condo 34 44 82 st I'm refinancing & my broker wants to know if it is FHA approved
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hi Dave, You should call the management office
They dont know. told me to ask my broker to find out. but he's the one who asked me to find out thru them. Any number I can call ?
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013