Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Michelle Sta…, Home Seller in Fort Worth, TX

I live in Texas my realtor was not present at the first inspection which lead to the so called second foundation inspection which not only was he not

Asked by Michelle Statham, Fort Worth, TX Sat May 31, 2014

at but the man who showed up was not a unbiased inspector he was a foundation repair man sent here by the buyer .. He also told us how much it would cost to repair it .. I feel my realtor let me down as he did not screen this last inspection which was a for profit inspection so we were sandbagged ..

Answers

3
Listing agents don't attend the inspection and it's rare for the seller to attend. The buyer should have been told to hire a structural engineer, not just get an estimate from a foundation repair company (which I agree or biased). So you are now a victim of the buyer's poor representation.

You're not required to make the repair, especially based on this estimate. You can say no.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 31, 2014
As suggested you need to speak to your Realtor about this or the broker if you don't get satisfaction. The listing agent is not present at the inspections. A buyer can chose to have whatever inspections he wants during the option time. (You need to read through your contract, because if it is a standard Texas Assoc of Realtors contract you will find this on page 4 Paragraph 7A.). Also you can certainly have your own foundation inspection done. Listing agents do not screen who can inspect a home. You need to get a hold of your agent as they should have explained all this to you.
Did this occur in Texas? Generally, you should always try to address any concerns you have with your Realtor first, they are paid to represent your interests.

Sandra
--
Sandra Hazeltine, REALTORĀ®
BHHS Fox & Roach, RealtorsĀ®
Center City-Rittenhouse Hotel
210 West Rittenhouse Square
Suite 406
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Mobile: 609.618.4119
Direct: 215.875.3357
Office: 215.546.0550
Fax: 215.546.9781
sandra.hazeltine@foxroach.com