tnunns, Home Buyer in Bangor, ME

I live in Texas and want to move to Maine. I was in contact with a mortgage banker in Maine, and they told me I couldn't buy there and live in Texas.

Asked by tnunns, Bangor, ME Wed Jul 3, 2013

Answers

5
Hi T

Thanks for your question.

May want to work with a larger bank such as Citibank, Wells Fargo etc, or contact a Mortgage lender
in Maine who does loans all over the US

It appears you are working with a smaller or regional bank, that is chartered to "fund" locally.

Ruth
Of course you can buy here....if you can provide a timeline as to when you'll be making your move to live & work here in Maine...I'm sure a lender can arrange suitable financing.
Good evening, and thank you for your questions!
Happy to hear you're interested in planning to move to our beautiful state! Your mortgage lender
may be saying that he doesn't handle second home financing, and is assuming that you were keeping your Texas home as your primary residence. If you're moving here, as long as you have the financial resources, you certainly can purchase a home in Maine either as a primary residence, or as a second home while you live in Texas. He may be saying that you would either have to sell
or rent your Texas home in order to get the financing for a home here in Maine.
There are many knowledgeable and excellent lenders in our area who can answer your
questions specifically. I'd be happy to connect you them if you like?
Please let me know how I can be of the greatest assistance to you !
Jan Currier,Broker,Prudential Northeast Properties, Email: usafreejan@aol.com/
Cell 207-944-6430/Proudly Service Maine Real Estate clients for over 25 Years
Good Evening.

Please let me know if you would like more information re: making a move to Maine.
I would be happy to help ....?the Greater Portland area.

Diane Mathieu
Broker
The Maine Real Estate Network
207-671-2816
I'm not sure what the banker was referring to but I'm working with a client right now who lives in Dallas and is buying a home in Maine. If you'd like some information on local mortgage lenders I'd be happy to send you some contacts.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you have about buying real estate in Maine.

Diana Downs, Realtor®
ERA Dawson Bradford
417 Main St., Bangor, ME 04401
C - 207-735-6988 F - 207-941-9866
dianadowns@eradawson.com
http://DianaDowns.com
http://facebook.com/Diana.Downs.Maine.Real.Estate